Operating Room Nurse
Company: VPNE Parking Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Tufts Medical Center is looking for an experienced Registered
Nurse to join our prestigious Health Care client's team in the
Operating Room! Tufts Medical Center offers flexible schedules,
excellent work life balance and countless benefits for employees.
This is an experienced team of OR Nurses looking to mold and groom
newer candidates to become senior staff! Upon starting this role,
you will pair with a mentor from the OR Team to gain unmatched
skills and experience that will let you excel in this role.
This Hospital is an academic medical center and Level 1 trauma
center providing complex surgical care to patients throughout the
lifespan. Tufts Medical Center has 23 operating rooms, supporting
more than 14,000 adult and pediatric surgical cases annually, while
utilizing innovative technology. This hospital has an unmatched
community feel while working in a Level 1 trauma center. They value
their employees and hard work, each day!
The Operating Rooms are staffed 24/7 with on-call as needed. The
department utilized self-scheduling so there is flexibility on when
you want to work. A Holiday Committee determines the holiday
schedule, with everyone working one major holiday a year.
Tufts is very close to public transportation. The MBTA Orange
line is right on campus, South Station is a short walk away, and
some even take the commuter boat.
This Hospital offers surgical services in the following
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery (#1 in Boston)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- General Surgery
- Ophthalmologic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery - Robotic Assisted Arthroplasty
- Plastic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- The Professional Registered Nurse in the Operating Room works
in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to provide patient
centered perioperative care to both pediatric and adult patients
undergoing a variety of elective, urgent and emergent surgical
- The Professional Registered Nurse in the Operating Room ensures
the delivery of high quality, safe, efficient patient care while
utilizing innovative technology.
- The OR is staffed 24/7, with service specific on-call
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Massachusetts Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS certification required.
- CNOR preferred.
- Must have Operating Room experience, minimum of two years
preferred (Inpatient and Outpatient)
- OR is staffed 24/7 Monday - Friday (all three shifts) Could
work 8/10/12 Hour Shifts
- Orientation Commitment: Days 7 AM - 3 PM since that is when
most of the surgeries take place.
- Self-Scheduling - Grid goes up about 6 weeks before the
schedule comes out. Every staff member puts down his or her desired
schedule. Often you get what you ask for, but there is a
possibility you might have to work on a day that you did not
request. Leadership asks if it is a day that you really cannot
work, then make note of that on the grid so the Scheduler knows
that it is not a preference to have off that day, but a need.
- Permanent Weekend Staff, Permanent Night Staff and even some
Permanent Evening Staffalways hires nurses as Day Rotators so that
if all of the day weekend staff need to be off for something we are
able to rotate itno real requirement to work one weekend a month,
it depends on the Permanent Staff.
- Rotations are about once a month for an off shift,
evening/weekend or nights, but nothing is set in stone and depends
on staffing and the need of the department.
- Holiday Committee takes care of the holiday schedule.
Generally, you work one major holiday a year, sometimes depending
on where the holiday falls could possibly work 2, but does not
happen very often.
- On-Call - If called in, individuals gets a min of 3 Hr. on-call
pay no matter how long they come in. Individual gets a $7.50/hr.
diff for on-call. If called, have to be able to be at hospital
within 45 minutes. Tufts has a call room if needed, not fancy, but
it is a bed with clean linen and bedside table with a locked
- Willing to accommodate school schedules/parents who have to do
- Per Diem Staff - Must be able to work 3-4 Days a week during
orientation (Approx. 3-4 Weeks) on Day Shift
- Evenings: $1.80/hr. (3P - 1130P)
- Nights: $3.10/hr. (11P - 7A)
- Weekends: $1.95/hr. (10P Friday - 1230A Monday)
- Based on Years of Experience and Education Level according to
the MNA Nurses Union Pay Scale.
- Previous Surgical Tech Experience - 1 Year = 6 Months RN
- Previous LPN Experience - 5 Years = 1 Year RN Experience
- 36-40 hrs: $10,000
- 32 hrs: $8,000
- 28 hrs: $7,000
- 24 hrs: $6,000
- Payment 1 - 50% - After 30 Days
- Payment 2 - 50% - After 6 Months
Keywords: VPNE Parking Solutions, Boston , Operating Room Nurse, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!