Senior Product Manager / Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Marketing
Company: Ocular Therapeutix
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Product Manager (SPM)/Associate Director (AD) is
responsible for the creation and execution of the product marketing
plan. The SPM/AD will lead the brand plan and its evolution to
align with the commercialization strategy. This will entail leading
and coordinating marketing strategy and tactical development, such
as key opinion leader education, podium presence, product training
and sales materials, post-market study conception, trade article
creation and travel in the field to ensure understanding of product
use, customer and sales representative performance and needs.
Collaboration with other company stakeholders, including but not
limited to medical/clinical, regulatory, sales and market access,
and field reimbursement will be required.
- Lead Go-to-Market strategy and associated marketing materials
aligned with strategy from creation through approval which
- Conception and coordination of work with multiple vendors in
preparation for launch and management of other departmental
personnel once hired.
- Create and implement tactics to drive sales in the US, and work
on pipeline projects as identified.
- Writing the marketing plan, including managing department
budget, leading up to and after launch which includes leading and
coordinating marketing strategy and tactics, such as key opinion
leader development, podium presence, product training and sales
materials, post-market study planning, trade and peer-review
article creation, and also travel in the field to ensure
understanding of product use, customer product perception, and
sales representative and field reimbursement performance and
- Ensure strategic alignment, timely deliverables and budget
management with agencies and vendor partners.
- Ensure strong presence at ophthalmic trade shows through
cultivating relationships with surgeons. Take lead role in
developing relationships with surgeons and administrator KOLs,
industry, and vendors such as trade media.
- Conceive post-market studies to generate clinical data to
enhance product perception/benefit.
- Maintain presence in the field among customers and
representatives to closely monitor product reception and use of
promotional materials and using intelligence from field to evolve
strategy and messaging.
- Create and execute digital marketing strategy including social
media content, drip e-mail campaigns, online advertising and web
site (Brand and Corporate) design. Facilitate product forecasts in
collaboration with sales and finance.
- Present marketing ideas and strategies to further advance the
success of the company's product lines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical
- At least 3 years of pharmaceutical product management
experience, with at least 3 years' prior experience managing
- Excellent attention to detail in order to complete tasks
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills in
order to develop strong connections with surgeons.
- Attend live ophthalmic surgery product evaluations and also be
comfortable demonstrating and teaching use of the product in
- Good computer skill set with a working knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to offer ideas and create solutions proactively.
- Working Conditions: Ability to travel approximately 30-40%.
This includes travel in the field to visit customers, prospects and
representatives. In addition, this includes travel to ophthalmic
trade shows throughout the year, including weekends.
Keywords: Ocular Therapeutix, Boston , Senior Product Manager / Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Other , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!