Principal NPD Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position will support advanced design review working cross
functionally to translate consumer insights into new product
specifications. This role will lead DFMEA efforts, managing
escalated items and the risk mitigation plan. Ensuring design
elements are fully validated by wide scale testing protocols and
comply with design for manufacturing principles (DFM). You will
also review the product test protocols to ensure key product
performance items are covered while ensuring test methods are
reliable. Working cross functionally to trouble shoot issues at the
engineering and building (EB) stage ensuring product safety prior
to mass production. You will also approve ECN changes and Deviation
Requests after MP from a quality perspective. This role will also
support Quality Engineering activities to improve our customer
satisfaction (5-start product ratings) and successful achievement
of company quality objectives.
- Support the product managers in converting the customer voice
into production specifications via Quality Function Deployment
- Review the design specification to identify the New/Unique/
Difference/Difficult (NUDD) items.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to define primary
functions for NPD
- Manage coordination with cross functional teams to work out the
- Partner cross functionally in assigning mitigation plans for
high risk items identified from DFMEA
- Including the design change/design validation test/tolerance
stack up analysis(T/S) /Finite Element Analysis (FEA),etc.
- Coordinate prototype and EB sample tear down check ensuring the
design up and Design for Manufacturing & VAVE principles - tacking
the major issue unit improvement action is closed.
- Participate in the tolerance stack up analyses (T/S) and FEA
- Create project risk assessments from the quality
- Review the design qualification test plan (DQTP) for product
level ensuring KPIs are fully covered.
- Generate the CTQ part list at Prototype-2 stage
- Create the critical to quality (CTQ) component reliability test
plan per the component datasheet.
- Review the CTQ component drawings to ensure the dims in T/S are
defined correctly and the process capability is sufficient, going
through the CPK of the dimensions in the T/S dim chain.
- Work with the injection tooling team for optical part and big
size part mold flow review.
- Review the product online test protocols to ensure the key
product performance items are covered test dates are reliable.
- Follow up on major issues to ensure analyses are followed by
the RCA(5whys) approach
- Provide regular NPD QA dashboard on a weekly basis
- Drive Continuous Design Optimization Improvement for existing
- Review the engineering design changes and deviation request
- Organize the project and product lessons learned summit post
- Drive standardized and modular design concept.
- Support managers to establish the advanced product development
quality assurance procedure.
- Work cross functionally with resources located in different
- Build solid working relationships with business partners
through effective communication.
- Coordinate the core team for filed return product teardown and
analysis, and follow up with the process related issues with global
- Drive design or process optimization through filed return data
- Support Supplier Quality Management (SQM) teams for the
critical component supplier(global) on site audit
- Must have BS in Mechanical or related engineering
- At least 8 years+ working experience in a mechanical or
electrical environment, small home appliance enterprise working
experience is preferred, but not a must.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience within mechanical
- Experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Development and New
Product Introduction is preferred, but not a must.
- Must have basic knowledge of the plastic injection molding
- Demonstrated experience as natural leader of cross functional
teams in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal &
- Desire to make a big impact
- Demonstrated high level of confidence and self-motivation
- Strong sense of responsibility and high-level
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills: present ideas
in a style that is clear, fluent and to-the-point
- Action/result oriented: Achieves high level, sustainable
performance and results, drive positive change;
- Demonstrated decision making capability: uses logic and insight
to solve difficult problems and create effective solutions
- Ability to travel to sites abroad (China/Thailand/Vietnam, etc)
in the future post pandemic
- Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people's
lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard
to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star
products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and
innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who
want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our
projects, where everyone has a voice. We want individuals to push
limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable. With the
explosive growth we have been experiencing, we're looking for
motivated individuals to join us on our exciting journey. People
need to think big, move fast and want to make a significant impact.
Are you ready?
Keywords: SharkNinja, Boston , Principal NPD Quality Engineer (Mechanical), Other , Needham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!