Sr. Associate, Data and Advanced Analytics Audit
Company: Santander Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Apply Req ID: 2102121 Date posted 05/05/2021
The Santander Bank IA & CRR Data & Advanced Analytics team
supports all other US audit and credit risk review teams in
successfully employing the use of advanced data analytics in
The position of Senior Associate, Data Science plays a key
senior role in contributing to the execution of the advanced
analytics and will conduct audits within our Data & Advanced
Analytics audit team, which is responsible for audit coverage of
data management and data risk audit coverage strategy for Internal
Audit. This role will work directly with the Manager to provide
Subject Matter Expertise and lead the team's continued enhancement
of advanced analytics and data management audit strategies and
The successful candidate will be an Advanced Analytics
evangelist and bringing their innovation, critical thinking,
influencing, industry and functional expertise while leveraging
advanced analytics to drive successful audits.
- Executes a robust Data Management audit plan by reviewable
entity, that provides thorough, risk based coverage (including
issue validation for regulatory and audit issues) for addressing
Data Management risks in accordance with Santander US Internal
Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and
Santander US policies.
- Executes independent assessments of end-to-end Data
Traceability, providing assurance over accuracy of critical data in
key regulatory and management reports.
- Execute advanced analytics through direct participation in all
phases of audits (i.e., business monitoring, planning, fieldwork,
reporting) for different business risk areas.
- Partners with business and audit teams to gather and process
data, provides feedback on patterns and insights based on detailed
advanced data analysis.
- Conducts data exploration, hypothesis creation, algorithm
testing, and scaling to large datasets.
- Performs large-scale data mining and data science projects as
well as ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses.
- Researches and develops predictive analytics for continuous
auditing of business processes using problem sets based on
structured and unstructured data.
- Serves as lead developer of complex technical coding, and as
technical reviewer for junior members.
- Recommending appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and
- Presents results of analyses to business teams, explain
technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical
associates and vice-versa.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce
and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage
everyone to apply.
- Typically has 7 to 9+ years of experience performing predictive
analytics, statistical and/or modeling using data analytics tools
like SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or internal controls, and/or
external/internal financial audit
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Management Information
Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or
- Demonstrated experience with any and all of the following:
credit decision engine packages, statistical techniques, statistics
software packages, small business/commercial risk assessment,
retail and wholesale capital calculations, and data mining
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work
- Strong knowledge of distributed computing, data warehouse, data
mining, business analytics and software development.
- Strong analytics background with attention to details to
deliver quality results.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute analytical work based on
broad business objectives.
- Ability to accept and meet deadlines, involving effective time
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and understand new areas of
- A passion for detail, accuracy, reliability and speed coupled
with desire for data exploration to reveal deeper insights,
business process improvement opportunities and areas of potential
- Ability to analyze large, complex data sets in order to
identify common themes and solutions
- Inquisitive nature, resourceful, and an ability to seek out
- Understanding of data reconciliation requirements, including
the identification, evaluation, and resolution of data
- High degree of customer orientation, and excellent
communication skills to connect with people and management styles
across different cultures and communicate technical IT / data
topics to non-technical personnel
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of data governance
- Practical experience with data extraction and analytics tools
and application across the audit lifecycle
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in Internal
- Certified in SAS, Python, Tableau or any other programming
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis or modeling languages
(SAS, R, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Experience using data visualization tools (Excel, SAS Visual
Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.)
- CISA, CDMP certifications or interest in obtaining a
certification in one of these disciplines
- Experience working with data warehousing.
- Experience working with multi-located teams.
- A passion for data
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Keywords: Santander Bank, Boston , Sr. Associate, Data and Advanced Analytics Audit, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!