Flow Cytometry Tech I
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: Operates and maintains flow cytometry
instrumentation under supervision and is expected to identify
equipment malfunctions and/or adjustments as needed to ensure the
highest quality of operation as possible. Excellent collaborative
and interpersonal skills required to assist multiple professionals
including Principal Investigators, Research Fellows and Graduate
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for booking and billing of appointments in the Flow
Cytometry Core. Responsible for the
maintenance of and billing for supply centers.
- Collaborates with Flow Cytometry Core Staff in training and
education programs within the core.
- Operates and maintains flow cytometry instrumentation under
supervision and is expected to identify equipment malfunctions
and/or adjustments as needed to ensure the highest quality of
operation as possible.
- Archive data monthly and maintain workstation computers.
- Perform daily and weekly quality control checks on the benchtop
- Perform routine laboratory duties including ordering of lab
supplies, general lab upkeep, disposal of laboratory waste, and
minor maintenance of laboratory equipment, including monthly
- Attends Medical Center lectures regarding all safety
- Bachelor's degree required in Biology or related field.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of
fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to
use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other
employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer
ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and
or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature
and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority
of their shift.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Flow Cytometry Tech I, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!