Company: The Home for Little Wanderers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Home at Walpole seeks a Wellness Assistant who is expected
to develop an understanding of the program's mission, treatment
philosophy and policies and procedures and to implement this
understanding in their direct care and supervision of clients.
- Administer medications to group home clients per MAP standards;
complete incident reports for medication refusal. Transcribe med
- Act as liaison for pharmacy orders submitted by the Nursing
- Assist families in monitoring needs, scheduling and attending
all necessary health appointments for their children such as
routine care, assessments, labs, EKGs, etc.
- Maintain health related records of group home clients as needed
including health/wellness related activities, incident reporting,
periodic vital signs and weights, filing external provider reports,
- Attend residential treatment teams.
- Prepare and assist in group home client admissions.
- Assist families/caregivers in providing the program with copies
of required documentation such as annual physicals, dental exams,
immunization records, TB records, etc.
- Review and document client health related information in a
- Update and distribute communications about client
- Verify invoices related to health/wellness purchases such as
pharmacy orders, over the counter supplies, etc.
- Liaison with school nurses around medication plans and
coordination of health related needs.
- Liaison with community-based health providers such as medical,
dental, vision, etc., and insurance companies.
- Become familiar with programs routines/ structure. Develop a
general understanding of the population of clients we work
- Foster healthy, appropriate relationships with our clients
through daily interactions with them.
- Develop an understanding of Behavior Support System.
- Provide First Aid appropriately as needed.
- May plan and participate in activities with students on an
individual and small group (less than 6) level in accordance with
treatment plans and goals. Teach age appropriate life skills and
social skills through modeling, counseling, and other
- Support Direct Care staff in maintaining a safe and supportive
environment. Manage living, dining, educational, recreational areas
to provide a clean, organized environment for students. Ensure
adequate supervision of students through coordination of care with
- Provide group and individual behavior support and intervention
as trained, including the use of TCI appropriate physical restraint
as necessary. Coordinate medical and emergency situations with the
- Participate in supervision meetings with supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year child care experience in a residential setting with
similar population of children.
- MAP certification required.
Continuous walking, standing, climbing, lifting of objects for 6
- 7 hour shifts. Ability to effectively restrain using proper TCI
techniques when needed. Ability to read and write. Must be
flexible, may have to work extended shifts.
What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives
of the youth of Massachusetts, The Home for Little Wanderers offers
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
- Extensive training to new staff
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development opportunities
Keywords: The Home for Little Wanderers, Boston , Wellness Assistant, Other , Walpole, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!