Scientific Product Engineering - Tools & Platforms Lead
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Posted on: June 13, 2021
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company
that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the
Associate Director, Scientific Product Engineering - Tools &
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry
through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led
company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their
potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top
Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and
strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive,
collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an
unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter
Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver
transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the
technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides
innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational
efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner
Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and
technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific
environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver
timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Platform Lead in the Scientific Informatics team, you will
be designing and implementing state of the art technologies to
serve our diverse research and development pipeline. You will work
directly with product owners and engineers to imagine and build
world class solutions for our scientists. Your expertise in
product-driven agile development, microservice architectures, and
modern system integrations will provide opportunities for
creativity and leadership within our team.
- Manage a global team of product engineers responsible for all
engineering activities in Takeda scientific functions including
platforms, tools and product APIs.
- Define tool and platform strategy to be used to develop
products within Takeda Research & Pharmaceutical Sciences
functions. Extend and maintain the overall engineering strategy in
the context of new developments in the field.
- Assign resources to product teams to both perform agile
development with fungible resources and, where appropriate, be
persistent project team members.
- Identify new technologies both for use in product development
and in the areas of platforms and tools.
- Ensures products are secure, use modern deployment techniques
and functional APIs. Also track end of life components and
transitions vs future state progress against a product
- Manage Tools & Platforms team assigning resources to support
product teams on an as needed basis.
- Influence technical direction with the Software Engineering
team in the Product Engineering and other technical teams outside
Scientific Informatics where appropriate determines strategic
technical direction for engineering initiatives including
platforms. Identifies and proposes new technology acquisitions in
the context of business problems.
- Determine technical product development approaches, use
different technologies, patterns and design methods along with
modern scripted deployment techniques to rapidly and iteratively
deliver on product development and enhancements.
- Provide Leadership working through on complex problems with
guidance from Scientific Informatics leadership.
- Understanding how to translate process, UX, usability and
operational feedback into technical designs, roadmaps and
- Design & deploy complex system and products to Takeda Research
& Pharmaceutical Sciences to quickly deliver value while
maintaining a forward-looking, global technology base.
- Follow bi-model methodology (agile, waterfall or other where
appropriate) in building roadmaps and designing & deploying
- Ensure up-to-date enterprise architecture records/repository,
lifecycle management, and roadmap definition for applications /
- Ensure the adoption of guidelines and standards including
compliance and security, in the capability.
- Communicate, influence and promote cross-domain use of
capabilities ensuring that products and their components are well
architected, documented and implemented with modern architectures,
microservice based API's able to participate with other products,
platforms and expose data in the product ecosystem.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Scientific, Informatics,
Computer Science or related discipline. Master Degree is
- 8+ years of experience in design, architecture and engineering
of products and/or systems, minimum of 5 years in the life sciences
or pharmaceutical industries
- 5+ years managing teams, experience in managing global teams
- In R&D and / or Biotech preferred.
- Understanding of the commercial scientific applications used
for drug discovery and analytics, such as solutions from Biovia,
Certara, Dotmatics, Scilligence, ChemAxon, Perkin Elmer, Genedata,
Schrodinger, OpenEye, Sinequa, and ACD Labs
- In modern development using modern API's, Microservices and
- Delivering architectural documentation and implementation
against SAAS, IAAS or Development projects
- Working on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications
skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with
high quality deliverables
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Boston , Scientific Product Engineering - Tools & Platforms Lead, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!