Patient Care Associate, 40 hrs/wk, Evening Shift, Stroke Unit
Company: Spaulding Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provide direct patient care under the direction and supervision
of a licensed Nurse.
Patient care plan is carried out as directed.
Patient physical care is provided such as bed bath, toileting,
grooming, changing bed linen, etc. per established guidelines.
Patient general care is provided such as positioning, lifting
and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per
Patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood
glucose are performed per established guidelines.
Patients are prepared for meals, assisting when appropriate to
meet patients' need.
Patient rounds are performed regularly and call lights are
answered promptly to meet patients' needs.
Patient care is documented in a timely manner adhering to
Patient room clutter is organized to make best use of space and
Specimens are obtained and labeled consistent with established
Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to
meet performance expectations.
Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant at time of hire within the
Spaulding Rehabilitation Network or within 120 days of employment
if enrolled in a sponsored program and must remain active
- Nursing student currently enrolled in a formal nursing program
and has successfully completed at least one clinical rotation. Must
become certified within 120 days from employment start date.
- Certified Nursing Assistants employed as of June 1, 2018 with
ten (10) or more years of service in this role are exempt from this
requirement except for SRB which requires certification due to
mandated DPH regulatory requirement.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
skills with the English language.
- Must demonstrate basic skills in math and computer
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform, modify, and record all
physical therapy skills with relevance to appropriate thoroughness
- Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of DPH/OEMS regulations.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.
Keywords: Spaulding Rehabilitation, Boston , Patient Care Associate, 40 hrs/wk, Evening Shift, Stroke Unit, Other , Charlestown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!