Sr. Clinical Infection Prevention Specialist
Company: Cantel Medical
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the role
The Senior Clinical Infection Prevention Specialist (CIPS) is
responsible for providing multiple customer-centered Infection
Prevention services and training. The primary responsibility will
be to partner with the commercial teams- Key Account Director
(KAD), Infection Prevention Consultant (IPC), and Director of Sales
(DOS) on strategic territory and customer development, the
development of clinical action plans for hospitals and surgery
centers within a territory, and providing onsite Process Reviews
detailing the endoscopy workflow and compiling data across an
Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) to report to IDN leadership on
the continuity of care and adherence to applicable reprocessing
guidelines across an entity. They will support the efforts of the
commercial team by providing clinical expertise, excellent customer
service, in-depth knowledge of local territory and best in class
training/education. This is a field-based position and does include
significant travel within an assigned territory. The Sr. CIPS will
be responsible for customer training on Cantel's capital equipment
as well as deliver Continuing Education programming individually
and within larger multi credit programs.
What you will do
- Conduct process reviews in assigned IDN network facilities
based on Key Account priorities
- Analyze a facility's workflow and process in accordance with
standards and guidelines.
- Compile data from multiple facilities to complete a customer
facing executive summary and present to IDN/ Hospital
- Assist in development of educational and/or market support
tools for field or in-house use.
- Provide proactive problem solving and timely follow-up of
customer issues. Identify and utilize available support resources
(i.e., technical services, customer service, and marketing).
- Provide education to customers. This includes CE accredited
education and product in-service training.
- Conduct all in-services and follow up within ten working days
to check customer status with new equipment.
- Participate on product development teams by becoming involved
in product/ marketing testing. In addition, research and
communicate competitive marketplace information for the Marketing
- Maintain documentation of customer interactions utilizing sales
tools such as Salesforce.com appropriately.
- Completes required documentation, calendar, expense reports and
daily customer activities within specified timeframe.
- Communicate and collaborate proactively with internal and
external stakeholders. Actively listen and express ideas to bring
about understanding with others. Present complex or sensitive
information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactively identifies and addresses issues before they become
bigger problems with limited to no guidance and customer
- Proactively identifies opportunities and delivers information
to their commercial sales partners as appropriate.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to internal or external
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain a minimum of 10 contact hours of GI or IP-specific
accredited hours within one fiscal year
- Represent Cantel by attending and/or participating in
local/national organizational meetings or events appropriate to
responsibilities (SGNA, AORN, IAHCSMM, APIC, AAMI, etc.)
- Active involvement in relevant professional organizations
- Requires approximately 60-80% travel within assigned
- Willingness to travel within region with 50-65% overnight and
- Travel requirements will include short notice trips based on
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2-year Associates degree OR advanced certification
(CGRN, CFER, or equivalent)
- Clinical experience in Sterile Processing Dept (SPD),
Endoscopy, other hospital departments or medical industry
- Experience and proficiency in presenting educational
- Project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer oriented
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have above average computer skills and be proficient with
the Microsoft Office suite
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Preferred 7+ years in a leadership role in an endoscopy
- Preferred 3 years or more of experience in endoscopy
reprocessing (i.e. technician) or as an Infection Preventionist
responsible for high level disinfection in a hospital or ASC
- Nursing or allied healthcare professional degrees (RN, CGRN,
BSN or greater)
- Infection Prevention - Certified Infection Control (CIC), Nurse
- Experience building and implementing strategic plans for health
care stakeholders #CB
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading
provider of infection prevention products and services in the
healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality,
innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We
accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the
following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use
valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing
systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute
are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis
facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering
hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as
sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily
in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and
bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients,
caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a
company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to
shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join
us and see why people love working here.
Keywords: Cantel Medical, Boston , Sr. Clinical Infection Prevention Specialist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!