Part-time Cafeteria Attendant, 6-HOURS-Hernandez K-8-7:00-1:00, FNS+MyWayCafe (SY20-21)
Company: Boston Public Schools
Posted on: June 13, 2021
JOB TITLE: Part-time Cafeteria Attendant, Hernandez K-8, FNS
FTE: 6 hours/day
Job Code: Part-time Cafeteria Attendant
The cafeteria satellite attendant is a staff member who assumes
the responsibilities and duties assigned by the director.
REPORTS TO: CAFETERIA MANAGER
DEFINITION: An attendant is a staff member with the following
- Safe preparation and handling of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities
- Serving of food
- Assisting with record keeping
- Performs efficiently and to the best of his/her ability the
duties assigned in relation to preparation of food, serving of
food, cleaning all areas of the kitchen, or other assigned duties,
which may include operation of a cash register, in the time
- Attends training meetings as required.
- Reports to work as scheduled, sign the posted time sheet, and
remain on the job until dismissal by the manager.
- Notifies the manager and the main office at the earliest
possible time when unable to work.
- Maintains pleasant working relations with fellow employees by
showing consideration for others: patience, respect, self-control,
i.e., refrain from the use of offensive language and other
undesirable character traits.
- Follows all policies of the School Committee and instructions
of the Cafeteria Manager relating to safety measures, sanitation
practices, personnel standards, work techniques, and methods of
- Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling
of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities, and
serving of food.
- Assists with food preparation.
- Portions food.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and work area including floor.
- Sets up serving counter.
- Serves food on line after receiving instructions as to portion
- Washes dishes, trays, flatware, pots, pans and utensils.
- Washes dining room tables.
- Unpacks supplies and assists with stocking dry storage shelves
and/or refrigerator shelves.
- Operates equipment properly, maintaining safety standards at
- Performs duties as assigned by Cafeteria Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Career
Site for more information on compensation. Salaries are listed by
Union and Grade/Step. This position subject to the City of Boston
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its
nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs,
facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis
of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability,
homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status,
and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based
intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals'
dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Keywords: Boston Public Schools, Boston , Part-time Cafeteria Attendant, 6-HOURS-Hernandez K-8-7:00-1:00, FNS+MyWayCafe (SY20-21), Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!