Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. Its a
network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of
thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and
busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England.
Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing
consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is
the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is
also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston
University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of
Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that
includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us
achieve our Vision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston
the healthiest urban population in the world.
Position: General Cleaner
Department: Environmental Services
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings
- Performs a range of housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and
sanitized environment throughout the hospital. May operate machines
in order to perform duties.
- Maintains daily cleaning of assigned areas, by following the
approved hospital Cleaning Procedures.
- Basic housekeeping tasks include, but are not limited to:
sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, polishing, dusting, and
the cleansing of any and all designated objects/areas.
- Operate vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, buffers and wall
washing equipment including any other power machinery as
- Maintains stock of all housekeeping supplies in assigned areas
and maintains housekeeping closets and equipment.
- Prepares patient rooms for occupancy upon patient discharge or
transfer including, but not limited to the sanitation of patient
beds, furniture and equipment.
- Performs daily floor care maintenance.
- Moves furniture, boxes, etc.
- Cleans and maintains refrigerators, stoves, ovens, and other
patient and non-patient care equipment.
- Sets up and cleans meeting rooms per specifications of
- Collects and disposes of trash and waste (both infectious and
non-infectious) as needed.
- Cleans, disinfects and sanitizes items such as bathroom sinks,
floor, and shower (if applicable); fill soap dispenser, and paper
towel and tissue dispensers.
- Communicates to supervisor or Control Center the need for
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and
to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Work requires the ability to read, follow oral and written
instructions in English at a level acquired through the completion
of elementary school.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Work requires ability to learn and perform basic housekeeping
practices and understands the policies and procedures of the
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , General Cleaner, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!