Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Silver Rail Technologies
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the
world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air.
With the current climate crisis, it is increasingly important to
put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The
trouble is, there's nothing modern about rail's online customer
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering
the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our
technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA
and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
We're looking for a Senior SRE to join our Boston team playing a
pivotal role in our growing global Systems Operations team here at
SilverRail. This team provides site reliability services across all
technical operations including our production applications,
engineering & UAT systems, automation and cloud infrastructure.
Those who join us will have the opportunity to design,
implement, and manage the cloud and container infrastructure,
configuration management, automation, security and
monitoring/alerting strategies. You'll receive hands-on experience
building the next-generation infrastructure serving travellers
around the world.
To help us through this next phase of growth, we're looking for
smart, forward-thinking, and motivated engineers that are capable
of reliably operating and maintaining our systems and supporting
Our offices (and your teammates!) are based in Boston, London,
Brisbane and Stockholm. The position is fully remote, requires some
limited on-call rotation, and will collaborate daily with
colleagues in other regions as part of our DevOps Culture.
- Contribute to building and enhancing every aspect of
SilverRail's evolving infrastructure and platform as a
- Support internal and external customers, and building on key
cloud technologies and DevOps practices.
- Manage a wide range of reliability functions such as monitoring
& alerting solutions, latency & load performance, uptime and error
- Develop, maintain, and utilise SilverRail's deployment
automation, configuration management and orchestration
- Design, build and manage SilverRail's cloud and container
- Own the deployment process to ensure streamlined, zero-downtime
and orchestrated service delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams to optimise processes,
application development and customer support.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering/IT relevant
- Extensive career in an operations engineer role with hands-on
experience in automation/SRE.
- Very strong Linux knowledge with expert-level scripting skills
in Bash, Python or similar.
- Must have very strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in
Kubernetes (ideally AWS EKS), Chartmuseum, Helm & Helm charts,
Docker and other related container-based technologies.
- Demonstrable experience with writing Infrastructure as code,
- Demonstrable experience with coding configuration management,
such as SaltStack, Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Extensive experience with AWS (cloud-based
- Strong knowledge of GIT, Deployment Pipelines & CI/CD.
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing enterprise
monitoring, back-up & recovery, security and logging
- Experience with and willingness to provide technical customer
- Advocate of software best practices and Agile SDLC.
- Software development experience is highly valued.
- Energetic and motivated to innovate infrastructure and
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring context-switching
to ultimately keep track of and complete multiple tasks.
- Highly articulate with strong communication skills & attention
- Learns and adapts quickly with self-starter attitude.
- Ability to understand and operate at both a business and
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put
our culture at the center of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a
work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together
great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation
rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are
revolutionising the way we travel
- A remote working environment with the possibility to utilise a
co-working space if you prefer
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration
in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a
number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the
#1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package
including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider
ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum
framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe
in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex
problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into
a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly
Come and join our team we are Stronger Together!
Keywords: Silver Rail Technologies, Boston , Senior DevOps Engineer, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!