Head of Pick Planning Technology
Posted on: June 12, 2021
If you are passionate about building industry leading
fulfillment technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Director of Pick Planning to join our
Fulfillment Technology team in Seattle, WA or Boston, MA.
We are seeking an executive leader who excels from strategy to
tactical implementation of Fulfillment technology, can lead a team
high bar technical resources, and is passionate about solving
complex problems for internal and external customers.
As a single threaded owner, you will have end to end ownership
of Chewy's pick planning systems that optimize the execution of
customer orders in our Fulfillment Centers to achieve 'best in
show' delivery experience.u0026nbsp; A successful leader would have
great technical acumen, deep understanding of Fulfillment and
optimization, experience developing systems that scale and be
comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. Strong communication skills
are required as you will be working closely with senior executives
in influencing and establishing the roadmap for future evolution of
You will lead a diverse team of Research/Data Scientists, SDMs,
TPMs, and Engineers who are passionate about making Chewy the
ecommerce platform for all pet parents. With high business growth
every year, you will lead the team to scale and develop solutions
that accelerate achieving business plans.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for
scaling the Pick Planning systems to support the business growth
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based
tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for
on-time-shipping and variable costs.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Research, Data Science,
and Engineering Talent.
- Build a world-class Planning and Optimization platform that is
powered by sound Data Science models
- Build out the Pick Optimization tool suite to proactively
provide Fulfillment business stakeholders best practices and
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and
methodologies, while accelerating time to market.
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Be a thought leader and contribute to the product and technical
vision for Fulfillment Technology at Chewy
- Communicate strategy and status to senior executives and
partners/stakeholders across Chewy
- Bring industry leading insights to inform the future roadmap of
u0026nbsp;What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a
- 7+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high
scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- 3+ years of experience managing Research Science, Data
Science/Machine Learning teams
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that
lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Fulfillment Experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics,
or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant software
development and engineering management experience
Keywords: Chewy, Boston , Head of Pick Planning Technology, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!