Registered Nurse - MICU 5E - 36 Hours - Nights - SEIU
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. Its a
network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of
thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and
busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England.
Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing
consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is
the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is
also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston
University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of
Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that
includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range
of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family
medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important
piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal
employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and
qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color,
gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any
characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
In 2014, Boston Medical Center embarked on an ambitious,
four-year redesign project with a goal of transforming our campus
into the most modern hospital in the city. Patient experience will
be enhanced by consolidating services to the Menino side of the
campus, expanding our Emergency Department, modernizing surgical
suites, and offering patients and staff the most efficient clinical
care spaces possible.
Our Critical Care Teams have just completed the move into their
expanded facility. Please review the job description below and
submit your application and resume. Our team will contact you
regarding your experience and fit.
- One year of experience as a working and licensed Registered
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's
degree or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). BSN
- Candidates who do not have a BSN must be enrolled in a
Baccalaureate program within 6 months of hire and must complete
their BSN within 36 months of hire.
- Registration and current RN licensure in the state of MA in
good standing required.
- 12 Months of Critical Care experience is REQUIRED.
- Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some
units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS)
- Additional certifications may be required for certain practice
- Willingness to work every other weekend.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access,
enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- EPIC experience preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with
various members of the health care team, patients, and
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently
complete assigned work.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages
appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification
required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterostomal therapy,
epidemiology, perioperative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct
quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate
to the patient populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in
accordance with practice setting demands for the patient
populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues
related to patient care, changing organizational climate and
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , Registered Nurse - MICU 5E - 36 Hours - Nights - SEIU, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!