IT Help Desk Associate
Company: Arena Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Arena Pharmaceuticals is driven to deliver novel,
transformational medicines with optimized pharmacology and
pharmacokinetics to patients globally. Arena's proprietary pipeline
includes multiple potentially first or best-in-class assets with
broad clinical utility.
The Help Desk Associate will report to the Director of Global IT
Infrastructure & Security and will provide hardware and software
support to Arena employees and contractors, both in-house and
What You Will Dive Into:
- Provide support and resolution of problems pertaining to client
PCs, laptops, scanners, printers, copiers, and devices for both
onsite and remote users.
- Utilize Service Desk ticketing system to create, assign, triage
and determine escalation path and provide thorough documentation on
- Investigate and troubleshoot applications, operating systems,
- Ensure prompt response and escalation for all system
outages/issues, providing updates to management and end users.
- Manage Active Directory, including but not limited to user
creation, deletion, permissions, and password resets.
- Configuration of new computers and applications for deployment,
which may include physical installation of computers, docking
stations, monitors, telephones, and miscellaneous peripherals.
- Service printer and copier issues such as driver updates,
driver installation, scan to file and email
- Perform maintenance of client computers as scheduled.
- Remediate virus and malware incidents, following security
incident management procedures.
- Support mobile devices, including iPhone/iPad and Android.
- Support company audio/video solutions, including digital
signage, room schedulers, and video conferencing
- Manage IT asset inventory, which may include local procurement
- Assist with troubleshooting local network issues, as
What We Expect:
- 7+ years' experience supporting IT users and systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Experience required with Windows 10, Office 365, and IT
- Experience with Okta and Zoom preferred.
- Experience with IT troubleshooting, PC imaging, supporting PC
and Mac hardware, installing software, and setting up/configuring
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Vendor management experience a plus.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours if required to
include evenings and weekends.
- Occasional travel within the USA may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
What We Offer:
- To be part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate
about developing novel drug therapies to improve people's
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative
- Competitive compensation package including long-term
- Comprehensive health insurance (highly subsidized cost sharing
on all medical plans)
- Generous matching 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off policy and holidays including two
company-wide shut-down periods each year
- Multi-cultural work environment
- Company celebrations
Arena celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be
an Equal Employment Opportunity and workplace. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. Arena is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that
they have read Arena's Applicant Personal Information Privacy
Keywords: Arena Pharmaceuticals, Boston , IT Help Desk Associate, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!