The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace
their commitment to its core values. These core values are the
pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
families.Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our
work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
Performs experiments to develop research tools (such as CRISPR
engineered cell lines) and evaluate therapeutic approaches for
Cystic Fibrosis as part of the gene editing team. Day to day
activities are mostly wet lab work including conducting routine
cell culture and assays. Other activities include planning
experiments, analyzing data, and electronic record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform laboratory experiments using standard techniques and
equipment such as cell culture, CRISPR-based gene editing, PCR,
cloning, mRNA quantification (qPCR), protein quantification
(Western blot), reporter assays, etc..
- Troubleshooting and quality control of experimental
- Performs related lab maintenance such as maintaining and
cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
- Performs data processing, QC and analysis; and present
experimental results for discussion with supervisor.
- Maintain detailed records of the work carried out (electronic
- Collates results in preparation for internal meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Life Sciences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem solving
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic
- Reports to Sr. Scientist II; no direct reports.
- Commute to lab every workday - Must have access to reliable
- Occasional weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused
meetings as necessary.
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for
set-up of lab equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering
competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and
professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to
recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and
diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes
medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave
policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and
flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability
insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life
benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to
work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit
and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or
mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national
origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or
testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or
status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our
job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to
request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at