RN Supervisor - per diem for evening and nights
Company: Hebrew Senior Life
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Hebrew Rehab Center in both Dedham and Roslindale are seeking a
per diem RN supervisor for evenings and nights, able to work at
both Dedham and Roslindale.
Supervise the clinical operations of all nursing floors in the
absence of the Nurse Manager and/or Director of Nursing. Assume
administrative responsibilities for the Center in the absence of
executive administrative personnel.
- Communicate with patients, families, and other health
professionals in a manner that conveys respect, caring, and
- Make clinical rounds to ensure that nursing care is being
- Support charge nurses in expediting medical intervention in
situations involving a change in a patient's status.
- Ensure that safety and security measures are in place to
provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors,
- Assess and intervene as necessary in crisis situations, and in
immediate clinical and management circumstances.
- Assume responsibility for intervention in family matters
requiring immediate attention, and refer appropriately to Nurse
Manager/DON and/or Social Service Department for long-term
management and follow-up.
- Monitor compliance with established nursing standards,
policies, and procedures on all nursing floors.
- Adjust staffing and time scheduling for shifts to meet
immediate needs and resolve problems.
- Communicate concerns and issues to Nurse Manager/DON.
Collaborate with Nurse Managers/DONs in writing annual reviews. And
implement corrective actions needed.
- Serve as a resource and advisor to staff in areas of counseling
and development of personnel.
- Communicate with Administrative Coordinator and appropriate
Nurse Manager/DON on staffing, scheduling, clinical and
- Collaborate with Nurse Manager/DON to assure that all nursing
personnel adhere to established standards of practice, policies,
and procedures throughout the shifts.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with support
staff throughout the facility.
- Monitor appropriate use of supplies and equipment to ensure
compliance with budgetary allocations.
- Conduct education programs in collaboration with Professional
- Collect and analyze data for research projects for assigned
shifts as assigned.
- Participate in Nursing advisory committees and meetings.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports.
- Participate in and support Quality Improvement program and
- Exemplify professionalism and exhibit values, which contribute
to the achievement of the mission of the Hebrew Rehabilitation
- Adhere to established departmental policies, procedures and
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Computer literacy
- Current Massachusetts license as an R.N.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing and ANA Certifications in
Geriatrics and/or Nursing Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a similar
setting. Acute care experience recommended.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, particularly in relation to
problem solving and staff development.
- B.L.S. Certification required / A.C.L.S. Certificate
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and
competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion,
age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military
status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Hebrew Senior Life, Boston , RN Supervisor - per diem for evening and nights, Other , Dedham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!