Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How Will You Make An Impact?
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures
for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you'll be supported
in achieving your career goals.
What Will You Do?
As an Executive Assistant, you'll be at the center of fast-paced
growth, using your stellar office and project management skills to
support the VP Global Procurement and other executives on the team.
You'll use discretion and diplomacy while working with stakeholders
across the company, Suppliers/Partners that support the company,
your mastery of time management, logistics planning, organization,
and attention to detail will ensure flawless execution of multiple
priorities. In addition, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the key priorities and goals for
the global function; use knowledge and understanding in
prioritizing meeting requests
- Schedule and coordinate complex executive meetings both
internally and externally, bringing together geographically
dispersed teams, managing logistics, and documenting follow-up
- Collaborate and build relationships to drive results in a
global-matrixed organization experiencing change and
- Research, compile, summarize, and analyze information to make
decisions, find answers, and respond to various inquiries from
internal and external customers.
- Utilize the full suite of Microsoft office products to prepare
high quality correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Manage expense reporting, process vendor invoices, and support
annual budget process.
- Personally takes care of many matters and questions, including
answering substantive questions requiring technical knowledge, but
can often require research and follow up
- Proactively manages projects/deliverables/due dates - following
up with project owners, key stakeholders, and employees as needed
to meet assigned due dates successfully.
- Manage agendas and presentations for multiple meetings
including Town Halls, Leadership team meetings, executive supplier
- Attends meetings and prepares minutes.
- Demonstrates both the flexibility and adaptability required to
meet the dynamic nature of the business
- Maintains confidential files and records.
- Coordinate with other Executive Assistants and Administrative
Staff to cover the area that is unavailable due to illness,
vacation or other special circumstances.
- Occasional travel coordination support after hours and on
- Face of the function internally and externally sometimes being
the first point of contact for meeting requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues within the
function. Sometimes will be seen as knowing what your leader
requests are out to the broader function
How You Will Get Here?
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience (5
or more years), Bachelor's degree preferred
- 8+ years of executive assistant experience in a professional
office environment, large organization preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently to identify,
analyze, and solve problems with creative solutions.
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time
management to juggle multiple priorities with competing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills in dealing with
internal and external customers as well the ability to handle
highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to respond to
last-minute changes while maintaining poise and a positive "can-do"
- Extensive international travel management with VISA
- Expert level skills in all Microsoft office suite products,
including Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Visio
- Experience with Concur
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Infallible proof reading and spelling
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Boston , Executive Assistant, Other , Needham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!