Phlebotomist--20 hours a week--AM rounds
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: Phlebotomists performs phlebotomy services on all
patients at BIDMC. This person obtains patient identification and
maintains vein preservation and specimen labeling procedures. A
Phlebotomist transports routine and STAT specimens to appropriate
- Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and
fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using
vein preservation techniques.
- Perform and report bleeding times according to standard
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to
- Transports specimen from site of collection to site of
- Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency,
mandatory training and continuing education.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Registration preferred: ASCP Registered,Certificate 1
preferred: NCA Certification
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a
basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English
in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction
from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families
and other medical center staff; and respond to basic
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in
order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from
supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with
patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of
fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to
use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other
employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer
ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Phlebotomist--20 hours a week--AM rounds, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!