Procedural Medical Asistant / 40 Hours / Day / BWH OB/GYN Chestnut Hill
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Procedural Medical Assistant (PMA) is an autonomous
professional who delivers the highest level of state-of-the art
expertise in the performance of office based procedures in
collaboration with the care team. S/he is responsible and
accountable for the quality of care provided to the patient. The
PMA participates and facilitates the direct and indirect care of
patients, patient instruction, and regulatory requirements within
the scope of practice and consistent with his/her education and
training. Major functions include, but are not limited to, safe
preparation of the instrumentation in accordance with manufacturer
guidelines and hospital policies, equipment and environment for
office based procedures, and independently ensuring all regulatory
requirements are followed relating to equipment care and
maintenance. S/he works directly under the supervision of the
medical director and Practice Manager. The PMA also serves as a
resource and mentor to medical assistants in the practice.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Work requires an in-depth understanding of the equipment used
for office based procedures (e.g., hysteroscopy, colposcopy,
- Must be sensitive to and supportive of patients, families and
- Must be able to respond quickly and purposefully to routine and
- Must have ability to recognize problems, establish priorities
and initiate appropriate responses.
- Should enjoy assisting patients and be sensitive and supportive
of patient concerns.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and a mature level of
courtesy, tact and professionalism required to deal with patients,
management, providers and co-workers.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and good judgment
necessary to elicit information from patients and to distinguish
emergent, urgent and routine problems.
- Must work as a team player and be an effective mentor.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills in English.
Communicates in a professional, courteous, clear, and concise
manner. Facilitates therapeutic relationships between patients,
families and other members of the health care team
- Ability to manage work in a neat and systematic way. Ability to
manage multiple tasks effectively, appropriately prioritize
clinical work, follow established policies, procedures and clinical
practice guidelines and workflows
- Demonstrates ability to utilize technology in the clinical
setting. Includes basic computer skills as well as the utilization
of electronic medical equipment. Ability to type accurately and
enter data at an intermediate level. Ability to become proficient
in using the EHR and other appropriate applications. Ability to
utilize hand-held technology and download related data to the
electronic health record.
Completion of a certification program as a Medical
Five years' experience as a Medical Assistant or other
comparable experience at minimum required.
Demonstrated ability in performance of office based procedures
(e.g., hysteroscopy, colposcopy, etc.), strongly preferred.
Experience working in an ambulatory clinical setting with high
procedure volume, preferred.
Experience with Epic, preferred.
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and work under
Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Computer knowledge required.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Boston , Procedural Medical Asistant / 40 Hours / Day / BWH OB/GYN Chestnut Hill, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!