Technical Sales Specialist - Cell Biology
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Technical Sales Specialist Cell Biology
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work and you'll be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Life Science Solutions Group - Biosciences Division, Cell
Remote - Boston
How will you make an impact?
The role will directly impact our mission of making the world
healthier, cleaner and safer by providing life science technologies
to Academic, Government, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical and
Hospital/Clinical customers to support their research in Stem Cell,
Neurobiology, Drug Discovery, Protein and Viral Expression, Gene
Editing and Cell and Gene Therapy.
What will you do?
- Represent the Cell Biology portfolio of products.
- Develop territory business plan and frequently update according
to business and market changes.
- Achieve assigned territory sales goals by proactively calling
on existing and potential new customers via email, phone and some
- Nurture existing customer relationships with a focus on
increasing overall revenue and reagent attachment with customers
using both existing and newly placed instrumentation.
- Research accounts and leverage historical sales data and market
trends to drive new business.
- Work closely with sales counterparts and Distribution reps to
develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and
market feedback via weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as
- Provide forecasting and reporting as required on a
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows, and related
activities as deemed necessary.
- Handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on
priority of assignments.
- Accept and adapt to change quickly while remaining effective
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor's degree in any life sciences field,
advanced degree preferred or the equivalent in relevant
Role Success Profile:
- Must have hands-on experience with cell biology lab techniques
via prior work experience and/or education
- Outstanding relationship management and influence
- Lab, selling and/or customer-facing experience within the life
sciences industry preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to
effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application and social
media resources to grow territory
- Proven ability to strategize and achieve results
- Background in a relevant life sciences field
- Relevant competitive intelligent and/or Life Sciences market
- Stem Cell, Neuro, Drug Discovery, Gene Editing, Expression,
Cell and Gene Therapy knowledge
- Customer focused
- Drives Results
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Effective Communicator
- Must live in Boston metro
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Boston , Technical Sales Specialist - Cell Biology, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!