Director of Enterprise Information Management
Company: BMC HealthNet Plan
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Director of Enterprise Information Management Apply
The Director of Enterprise Information Management will provide
leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for BMC Health Net
System's (BMCHS) information management initiatives across the
company. This role will be responsible for planning, coordinating,
developing and maintaining data and analytics capabilities that
provide functional insights and support for decision making
throughout the enterprise. In addition to coordinating tactical
data needs for ongoing operations, this individual will leverage
data to promote progressive ways of thinking and facilitate
executive level insights into BMCHS's corporate strategy and
broader business evolution.
- Drive the strategy for enhancing and maintaining data-driven
decision making capability across the enterprise by creating and
executing the company's long-term roadmap for information
management initiatives and related systems. This includes forward
thinking capabilities that align with expected future conditions of
the marketplace and allows BMCHS to maintain a competitive
advantage. This role will partner closely with all internal
business units that consume data for decision making.
- Provide guidance to the technical execution of the information
management portfolio, ensuring the development of systems that
integrate relevant data across the enterprise to provide timely and
quality decision making capabilities. In this regard, this role
will partner closely with BMCHS's information technology
- Create and drive a "loosely coupled" data analyst work group
that fosters standardization of processes, information sharing and
reuse. BMCHS's analytical teams are currently distributed across
various business units, yet need to come together as a cohesive
- Develop, maintain and enforce data standards and governance
across the enterprise to ensure the consistent and appropriate use
of data in analyzing and predicting business results.
- Advocate for data security and accuracy of interpretation by
the business by creating standards for security and access for all
data, especially in the use and dissemination with external
- Oversee the evaluation and improvement of data sources and data
quality and maintain standards acceptable to the business.
- Coordinate with internal and outsourced analytics talent pools,
facilitate cross training and innovation.
- Supervise the evaluation and integration of new data-driven
capabilities for enterprise and operational improvements. Drive the
development of flexible decision making tools and improve the
effectiveness of predictive models.
- Create the plan for introducing and integrating new
analytics/data tools into the organization, by collaborating with
various business units to identify and prioritize tactical and
- Interact with senior leadership at a high-level concerning the
alignment of enterprise data capabilities with long-term business
- This role will oversee talent pools that are distributed in the
organization for needed capabilities across the company. This role
will also ensure all related staff is trained in best practices and
data analysis techniques.
- This individual will focus the data analysis talent in the
organization on the highest priorities that will generate the
greatest return on investment, business impact, and customer
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Sciences,
Quantitative Social Sciences, or other quantitative field. Graduate
degree in a quantitative or data sciences field, or an MBA are
preferred, but not required.
- 12-15 years of experience in information management and
analysis roles, including 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance is preferred,
ideally interspersed with experience in other industries in similar
- Proven track record of designing and implementing a progressive
analytics environment, including experience developing and managing
data governance standards.
- Experience working with large data sets, including statistical
analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data
- Experience leading a multi-functional analytics team that
leverages both proprietary and third party data.
- Strong foundational knowledge of data warehousing
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Smart, self-starter who is intellectually curious, thoughtful,
analytical, and has the highest ethical standards.
- Strategic thinker as well as a tactical manager who will be
able to focus on broad conceptual issues as well as the detailed
aspects of managing the process.
- Passionate and dynamic leader with the energy and ability to
establish effective working relationships across the organization.
Able to negotiate effectively with internal and external
- Relates well, and without bias, to a wide variety of styles,
types, and classes; builds diverse networks; quick to find common
ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as
a preferred customer.
- Strong sense of personal and business integrity and
- Able to solve tough and complex problems; great at gleaning
meaning from available data; adds personal wisdom and experience to
come to the best conclusion and solution; uses multiple
problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of employees;
sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments,
holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and
develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and
for the future.
- Displays strong organizational skills and is effective and
efficient at marshalling multiple resources to accomplish goals;
lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to
get things done with less and in less time; is skilled at
multitasking; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Adept at measuring progress; sets up systems that can almost
manage themselves and is a master of effective and efficient work
systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem and is
always looking for improvement.
- Fearlessly takes on all issues and challenges; comfortably
confronts and works through conflict; delivers negative feedback
and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with
problem performers; is honest and candid with everyone; thrives in
crises and is energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make
unpopular decisions and take tough action; challenges the status
Keywords: BMC HealthNet Plan, Boston , Director of Enterprise Information Management, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!