Animal Technician II (Animal Facility)
Company: Joslin Diabetes Center
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Animal Technician II is responsible for duties related to
the care and feeding of laboratory animals, the processing of dirty
and clean caging and maintenance of the Animal Facility.
Hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm.
Rotation of Weekends and holidays would be required.
- Feed, water and change rodent cages as scheduled or
- Perform daily health checks of animal rooms and report any
- Maintain animal room logs and census sheets (noting deaths, new
- Note and report any deviations in environment (temperature,
humidity, light timers).
- Process dirty caging prior to loading into cage/rack and /or
bottle washers or autoclave.
- Remove sanitized or sterilized caging, bedding or food from
machines before stacking and/or filling with bedding, food and/or
- Maintain sufficient supply of assembled bedded caging.
- Fill and maintain a sufficient supply of sanitized water
- Change air and water filters as needed.
- Monitor proper functioning of washing machines and autoclave
and report problems.
- Keep Animal Facility clean (washing floors, walls, etc.) and
- Able to assume leadership role in absence of Lead
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an animal facility.
- ALAT certification strongly preferred (this is a requirement,
so if you aren't currently certified, you must sit for exam within
1 year of eligibility)
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills.
- Applicants must work with soiled animal bedding.
- Must be able to load and unload caging, lift 50 lb. feed bags,
push and pull racks up and down a ramp, removed heavy waste bags
- Applicants must be able to work with and handle small
Keywords: Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston , Animal Technician II (Animal Facility), Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!