- This position is offering a $2000 bonus!*
Location: MCI-Norfolk - Norfolk, MA. This position is for the
Correctional Recovery Academy program.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours. Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00
AM-4:00 PM. Must be able to work one 12:00 PM-8:00 PM shift per
Pay rate: $20.19/per hour ($42,000 annually). Salary
differential is paid for those who are fluent in the Spanish
The CRA Counselor facilitates psycho-educational groups and
provides individual treatment planning to a caseload maintained by
the counselor. The Correctional Recovery Academy (CRA) is a
Modified Therapeutic Community approach to reducing relapse and
recidivism through facilitating and modeling appropriate social
skills as well as effective relapse prevention. The program is a
residential community of male inmates. Provides counseling services
to offenders in the assigned treatment program. This position also
works closely with Massachusetts Department of Correction (MA DOC)
staff to coordinate all program services and provide information
for case management/records management as needed.
Quick-paced job where flexibility and organizational skills are
This position consists of group facilitation, individual
counseling, paper record keeping as well as computer record
keeping, and engagement and involvement in behavior change.
- State certification as a CADC/LADC preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two years experience in the Chemical Dependency field
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Health/dental/vision/disability insurances
- 401k with company contribution
- Paid time off
- Company paid life insurance/EAP
- Tuition reimbursement/assistance programs
- Discounts on a wide array of services/entertainment
- CA *CB
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. has been a leader in
the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. We're looking for
employees who are interested in helping others, saving lives,
changing futures, and being proud of the company they work for.
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer
and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex,
sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Counselor
- Job Function Counselor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.19
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree