Vycom - Market Development Manager, Outdoor Living & Marine Applications
Company: The AZEK Company
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Market Development Manager, Outdoor Living & Marine
Company: Vycom Location: Remote based in the eastern US.
A Division of The AZEK Company, Vycom manufacturers and supplies
market leading brands of innovative PVC and HDPE based plastic
sheet products designed to replace wood, metal and other
traditional materials in a variety of applications. These products
include Celtec plastic sign material and substrates, Flametec fire
resistant, high temp plastic, HDPE sheets, Seaboard marineboard,
Corrtecchemical/corrosion resistant plastic, Playboard, industrial
plastics, and Designboard
The Market Development Manager is responsible for downstream
engagement in the Outdoor Living and Marine markets to enable
specification of Vycom products. They are the owners of
multi-generation product plans that will drive both short-term and
long-term new product development driving revenue and profitability
growth. Linking macro-trends and unmet market needs with innovation
will be a critical aspect of this role. This position will report
to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Vycom and the
location is negotiable.
- Working across cross-functional teams including sales,
marketing, product management, operations, and research &
- Serve as primary Vycom contact for designated industry
end-users including membership and involvement with key industry
associations and events/conferences.
- Drive adoption of Vycom solutions through targeted value-chain
engagement and education, developing critical understanding of key
leverage points and specification owners.
- Serve as market expert, providing critical insights and
knowledge to functional teams.
- Primary owner of multi-generation product plans, leading
marketing efforts for new product development for any of the
following: 1) Product line extensions; 2) New to Vycom products; 3)
New to the world products
- Lead stage-gate projects for new product development efforts as
- Development of strategic marketing collateral
- Support sales personnel in the development of key account plans
for targeted customers
- Manage strategy at key industry trade shows; attend additional
exhibitions as a non-exhibitor to gain knowledge, network and
identify new business leads.
- Provide information on competitive landscape.
- Utilization of CRM tools to document leads for the field and
inside sales teams and communicate key market and customer
The candidate should demonstrate the following critical
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable operating in a
matrix organization structure
- Existing market knowledge or ability to quickly develop
- Superior capability to develop relationships and build
- Understanding of industry structure and key market metrics
(addressable market size, entitlement share, value-based pricing
components, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to effectively influence teams and deliver
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required (STEM or business degree preferred)
- MBA a plus, but not required.
- Preferred 7+ years' experience in sales, marketing, or related
Keywords: The AZEK Company, Boston , Vycom - Market Development Manager, Outdoor Living & Marine Applications, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!