Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey
Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts
to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association's
highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since
received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban
Boston area's leading provider of comprehensive health care
services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric
and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology,
pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation,
radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a
Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Contributes to the Hospital's mission to care, heal and to excel
in service to our community by independently performing
radiographic examinations in accordance to department protocols and
ACR imaging standards and maintaining safety standards, using
state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, PACS, and other related
medical imaging equipment This professional technologist position
will have an impact on quality, safety and the patient
Required: Completed accredited Radiology Technology Program and
be registry eligible
Preferred: Associates Degree in a Radiology Technology
Preferred: At least one year
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read,
write and communicate effectively in English with patients,
visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Massachusetts Radiologic Technologist license and registry
eligible for ARRT.
- Must be obtained ARRT within 12 months of hire.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Neonates, Infants, Children,
Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
On-call: As needed
Schedule requirements: Required to regularly rotate through
days, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
Travel requirements: May be scheduled at any of the radiology
o (Hospital) Day Supervisor on day shift
o (Hospital) Evening Supervisor on evening/nights/weekend
o (Baldwin Park II) Manager, Offsite Imaging
o (Family Medical Center) Site Supervisor
o (Reading Health Center) Site Supervisor
o (Montvale Diagnostic Center) Manager, Offsite Imaging
o Radiology Supervisor, Pain Clinic
As part of the Radiology team, the Radiology Technologist I
- Greets, escorts, assesses, educates and identifies patients
making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable and fulfilling
all safety and quality checks, including verifying exam
- Performs exams utilizing ALARA standards (As Low as Reasonably
- Completes diagnostic imaging examinations following established
exam protocols established by Radiologists.
- Enters examinations correctly, ensuring accurate and
informative documentation and appropriate charges are entered.
- Electronically sends and stores images and data appropriately
- Maintains all department records and logs to monitor quality
and safety in accordance with departmental policies.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment presenting the best
possible impression of facilities and fostering our culture of
- Responds to supply and equipment issues timely to ensure
optimum operations and equipment quality and long-term equipment
maintenance and life.
- Transports and provides ambulatory assistance to patients as
- Educates and informs patients and family members throughout the
- Communicates effectively with the healthcare team utilizing
established handoff procedures.
- Gives and accepts respectful feedback to enhance teamwork.
- Minimizes preventable harm events and consistently executes the
infection control protocols. Incorporates the Culture of Safety
tools in daily practice, adhering to quality and safety guidelines
and communicating near-miss or potential risks.
- Coordinates work schedule with departmental supervisor to
maintain adequate staffing levels to meet our patients' and
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and
wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients,
their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed
in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered,
integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services
spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated
orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care,
community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home
health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified
joint contracting and population health management organization,
jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.