As a Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.), you will participate in
the comprehensive assessment of physical health of adults with
Brain Injury or behavioral conditions. Your work will be in a
clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of
a unique specialized population who have brain injuries,
intellectual and developmental disabilities, or psychiatric
conditions, and complex health needs. In your role you will work
together with the people we serve, their families, friends,
employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
L.P.N. duties include providing nursing care, administering
medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP)
guidelines, and assisting individuals to become more a part of
their communities. You will employ rehabilitation values,
principles and techniques, including skills training, to help
individuals served overcome barriers and to live more
Additionally, the L.P.N. will communicate any change in status
to appropriate individuals, perform individual assessments with any
change of status, and provide skilled nursing interventions as
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts
Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of
Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff
are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make
decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training,
great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that
requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and
Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading
nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by
building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and
communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more
about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions,
please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: LPN, L.P.N., Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical,
community based, home care, healthcare, VinfenLPN
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High
school diploma or GED required.
- Current L.P.N. license valid in Massachusetts.
- 1-2 years supervised practical experience, including
internships, in a clinical or rehabilitation setting
- Experience working with people with Brain Injury or behavioral
conditions strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a
current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants mus