Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Federal Reserve Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Cyber Security Analyst
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365
real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing
functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help
enable financial institutions provide their customers with the
ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have
full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a
unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal
Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments
landscape in the United States.
This position is responsible for helping to ensure the security
and integrity of the FedNow organization across people, operations,
and technology. This individual will directly support vulnerability
management and incident detection and response programs. The
individual will also be expected to provide cybersecurity expertise
both through consultation and hands-on technical activities.
What will be expected of you-
- Analyze cyber security policies and configurations and execute
or track any identified remediation activities.
- Conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing
- Work with stakeholders to operationalize cyber security
- Build, test, and deploy cybersecurity relevant technical
- Support and implement incident response plans and capabilities;
partner with stakeholders to align monitoring and response
- Leads security investigations through data analysis and
- Performs pro-active hunting for malicious activity impacting
- Assess threat landscape and recommend changes to policies and
- Perform technical and nontechnical risk and vulnerability
assessments across people, operations, and technology.
- Provide security operational support for DevOps tools and
- Participate in agile activities with geographically dispersed
agile delivery teams.
Expertise you would bring-
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or
equivalent to, the completion of a bachelors degree and a minimum
of 2-3 years of job-related experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and
influence direct team members in a matrix-management
- Ability to work with CI/CD pipelines like Gitlab or
- Skill or interest in penetration testing, vulnerability
scanning, and mimicking threat behaviors.
- Strong security platform and technology capabilities; SIEM
utilization skills with the ability to review and analyze security
events from various monitoring and logging sources to identify
and/or confirm suspicious activity.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, cloud computing
- Knowledge of, and experience with, TCP/IP protocol and
- Working knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and
landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to
research current information security landscape.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products,
and services. This should include knowledge of networking
protocols, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion
detection systems, operating systems, databases, encryption and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Visio
Logistics and Requirements-
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Federal Reserve System candidates will remain employed at
current Federal Reserve Bank, but report into the FedNow team via
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and
inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities
to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic
information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI
fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign
Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work required of this position. They are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills
associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While
this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of
this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any
job description at its discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first
phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical
examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a
security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you
begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based
security screening determined by the risk rating of the position.
Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may
include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility
verification, and personal interviews with the candidate,
references, and prior employers.
All applicants must have resided in the United States for at
least three (3) years
Keywords: Federal Reserve Bank, Boston , Cyber Security Analyst, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!