Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel
Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned
tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology,
pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching
hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital
provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment
to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a
number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management
and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance
medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health
About the Job
Position Summary: Under general direction of the RN Patient Flow
Manager, the patient flow coordinator performs patient flow,
transfer, and bed placement activities. Areas of responsibility
include all in patient flow activities, electronic bed board
operation, system coordination, quality improvement and other
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited
- Performs the patient flow, transfer and bed management process
for Lahey Clinic
- Works in compliance with Nursing Practice Guidelines which
foster safe, cost effective and quality patient care.
- Performs bed flow functions and patient placement process,
including operating and managing the electronic bedboard placement
- Optimizes patient flow throughout the hospital by prioritizing
admissions, transfers, and bed assignments
- Maintains and displays knowledge of current professional and
clinical issues and practices through participation in a
professional organization and certification in field of nursing.
Uses evidence based resources to implement necessary changes in the
delivery of nursing care and/or nursing practice.
- Links departmental goals to organizations mission and
- Works collaboratively to solve problems, improve processes and
integrate services within the department and with other
- Responds calmly and efficiently during crisis and/or emergency
- Confronts and effectively deals with issues as they arise
without disruption to the departments routine.
- Notifies appropriate colleagues of unsafe working conditions
and takes appropriate action.
- Supports new ideas and changes within the department by
actively participating and contributing.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting demands of the
- Organizes and prioritizes work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative to diagnose problems, attain needed
resources and provide solution.
- Manages and communicates information.
- Develops effective communication methods to keep staff and
others informed about activities of the organization and
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, with
knowledge base that would ordinarily be acquired through a
bachelor's degree program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current licensure to
practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these
skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet
Clinical Skills: Clinical competency in area of nursing
Technical Skills: Basic computer skills.
Experience: A minimum of five years of accumulated in-patient
nursing experience and two years leadership experience.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing
patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by
world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses,
technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so
many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and
should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining
top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a
team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all
levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.