Portfolio Operations Manager
Company: The Community Builders
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Portfolio Operations (Regional) Manager
The Community Builders
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
Americas leading non-profit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations (VPO),
the Portfolio Operations Manager (POM) is responsible for the
ongoing operations of multi property portfolio with up to 1,000
units with roughly another 1,000 in the development pipeline. The
POM provides their team with clear understanding of TCB's standard
operating procedures, objectives, mission, and each propertys
economic, regulatory, and physical requirements. The POM ensures
that their team achieves or exceeds occupancy, operating and
capital expense budgets, and customer service objectives. Results
will be attained through the successful implementation of portfolio
programs, proactive planning, and financial management to promote
the peak performance of the portfolio.
TCB succeeds with diverse and inclusive teams
TCB is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and
candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to
apply. TCBs commitment to diversity is reflected at all levels of
the company, including a governing board which is 50%+ people of
color and 40%+ female and senior staff--director level and
above--which is currently 40%+ people of color and 50%+ female. As
a mission-directed nonprofit with a longstanding focus in urban
neighborhoods, TCB believes that our potential impact as a local
partner, housing provider, and great neighbor, are immeasurably
enhanced when staff and leadership combine technical proficiency
with the abilities, perspective and insight that can only arise
from true representation of the communities that we serve.
Key areas of focus
The Boston POM will have a significant role in working with the
development team on the Boston pre-development pipeline projects,
and will be engaged in all of the up-front related work requiring
property management input and oversight, and will frequently be
asked to provide design review input based on experience. Key focus
Maintain strong operations
- Regular visits to each property to elevate curb appeal, inspect
market ready units, review occupancy/delinquency reports and safety
- Identify, attract, and retain top talent. Be visible and
participatory in local agency and industry organizations and events
to build network and brand for TCB.
- Mentor and audit teams to consistently apply all TCB standard
operating policies & procedures and all regulatory requirements and
procedures in assuring accuracy and compliance.
- Maintain product knowledge on all properties and that of
competition through site visits and review of updated market
competitive analysis with site team.
- Assure team understands, administers, and provides a superb
resident experience during move in or move out and during unit
inspection and resident orientation.
- Assist in new business acquisition and development in proposing
operating expense benchmarks, leasing absorption plans, potential
budgets, and staffing plans as well as physical site due diligence
and start up.
- Shepard and guide new property lease-up, transition and
Effective cross functional partnerships
- Collaborates on best practices across the teams, and ensures
knowledge is leveraged across the PM, Development, Community Life,
and other departments within the organization.
- Establishes effective relationships cross functionally for the
betterment of TCB through candid feedback to and from others,
information and recommendations that will benefit the company long
- Collaboration and partnership with Community Life to implement
meaningful programs and services to enhance the experience and life
of our residents.
- Collaboration and partnership with Development to help continue
to build our property management presence and reputation in the
Financial controls and compliance
- Confirm that financial reports accurately reflect the fiscal
operation and condition of the sites and are submitted timely with
a plan to correct any deficiency or measure performance.
- Lead and monitor teams to successfully prepare appropriate
Agency reports timely and accurately, adhere to all management
contracts and pertinent affordable programs, including state, local
and national and Fair Housing.
- Coordination and attendance for successful completion for REAC
inspections with a minimum score of 80, and other agency or partner
visits/audits with a passing score.
- Accountable for accurate financials and timely variance
reporting. Must meet or exceed budgeted occupancy, remain within
all operating and capital expense plans, and produce a minimum of
budgeted cash flow.
- Evaluate all operating expense line items to determine more
efficient, cost effective strategies while promoting opportunity
contracting. Review Yardi to confirm that invoices are being
processed timely and on budget.
- Strong leadership skills must be able to deliver results
through others and build a strong and capable team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior interpersonal skills: ability to influence others,
build relationships internal and external.
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced
- Superior business acumen: ability to analyze trends, monthly
Profit and Loss statements, and build and analyze budgets.
- Incredible customer service skills & the ability to create a
customer focused culture.
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem
solving and quantitative abilities.
- Able to engage in and establish strong working relationship
with third party owners and / or partners.
- Must be passionate about property management, and in particular
TCBs mission and resident first focus.
Education & Experience:
- College degree or 7 plus years of progressive responsibility in
property management, hospitality, or retail industry with a minimum
of 5 years of residential property management required. Three years
of multisite residential property management preferred.
- Proven work history in and/or around Boston, with a strong
understanding of Fair Housing Guidelines as well as familiarity
with Mass tenant/landlord laws.
- Proficiency in multiple affordable housing programs
- Industry certification such as CPM, ARM, C3P, COS, or
- Successful history of employee development and direct
management of multiple teams.
- Proficiency in Yardi or other industry software and Microsoft
- Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to David
Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders is committed to diversity in its
workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to
Keywords: The Community Builders, Boston , Portfolio Operations Manager, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!