Human Resources Business Partner Director
Company: Sodexo USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sodexo has a Dynamic Human Resource Business Partner role in
Universities; in the Eastern US covering States to include Rhode
Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, 2 accounts in
New York. You will support 60 accounts - 1 SVP's and District
Sodexo's Universities is a dynamic segment embarking on exciting
times to include our growth strategy. We are in search of a Human
Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to manage strategic business
partnerships with the Sodexo Operations Team. The ideal candidate
will reside in the geography of the territory.
Provides consultation and support to business leaders to
optimize human resources strategies. Partner with stakeholders to
drive a high-performance culture across Universities segment
operations through the leadership and execution of HR business
strategies- facilitating the implementation and execution of
initiatives that drive change, employee engagement, reinforce
company culture, and create commitment from associates.
Consult with business leaders on managing performance within
their regions and ensure optimal business decisions are made that
protect and strengthen the Sodexo culture and brand. Coach to build
a performance and feedback culture within their area of
responsibility. Partner with leaders as appropriate to ensure that
organizational structures are aligned with business goals, work
processes/systems are efficient and can be leveraged across
disciplines, and roles and accountabilities are clearly defined and
aligned with key priorities and a shared vision with decisions made
at the right level.
This role will support exempt and non-exempt employees. The
successful candidate will have directed human resource functions
similar in scope. Reports directly to the Segment Vice President of
Human Resources with a dotted line to the Operation Vice
President's in which he/she supports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Executes the 3-5-year human resources plan to ensure strategic
growth and retention for the region.
- Collaborates to design workforce planning, talent development,
and growth (to include both business and employee
- Builds and promotes partnership with Talent Acquisition to
ensure a strong foundation of sourcing both internal and external
candidates across the Market.
- Promotes a client/customer-centric operating culture that
strives to exceed client goals, objectives, requirements, and
- Acts as an active strategic partner for delivering operational
- Ensures consistency with compensation plan administration.
- Monitors and oversees the implications of HR policies and
practices as it relates to legal repercussions and expense.
- Resolves client problems and concerns with agility and
professionalism, utilizing influencing and negotiating skills
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete operational metrics and
reporting in consultation with the operations and finance teams.
Leads the Human Resource process for the Region that measures and
evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Prepares the Region's culture to adapt to and embrace ongoing,
fundamental changes that will enable the business to grow and
prosper, as a change champion.
- Leverages Sodexo's commitment to diversity and inclusion to
extend Sodexo's reach in Regional communities.
- Educates managers and employees on HR policies, plans,
programs, practices, processes, and tools.
- Advises and counsels during complex employee relations'
interventions (e.g., performance improvement process) and monitors'
- Participates in creating HR plans, programs, policies, and
procedures in accordance with Sodexo policy.
- Ensures that personnel comply with all Federal, State, and
Local regulations, as well as Company and customer/client policies
- Implements and ensures compliance with Sodexo employee
- Manages and administers HR programs.
- Advocates for diversity and inclusion within segment and works
closely with corporate diversity to identify issues and potential
improvements. Promotes and supports division and enterprise-wide
- Monitors market and industry trends, competitor strategies and
Sodexo strategies and adapts workforce plans and programs to
- Devises plans to retain key talent within the business,
diagnose causes of staff turnover and implement interventions.
- Identifies learning and training gaps; coordinates with
Learning and Performance to prioritize needs, develop and implement
- Partners with Employee Relations Services on critical
investigations and in identifying and resolving segment employee
- Acts as a business partner between area operations leadership
and internal/external clients.
- Supports HR administration activities, as necessary (data
validation requests; budgets; etc.).
- Promotes a culture that drives growth, embraces changes and
- Participates in the creation of long-term HR goals to ensure
sustainable capabilities to deliver on strategy.
- Ability to foster an innovative landscape and adapt to
- Ability to build and develop the right team, by nurturing
talent and motivating individuals.
- Raises high expectations and ambitions for the organization and
for oneself, while possessing an eagerness to learn.
- Inspires and engages others on a shared vision and
- Demonstrates great emotional intelligence for self and for
- PHR or SPHR or SHRM certification - Strongly preferred.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources
to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits
programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other
benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k,
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.Not the job
for you? At Sodexo, we offer executive careers that lead our
business in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and
Agencies, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, Senior
Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services.
Positions are located across the United States. Continue your
search for Executive positions.Working for Sodexo:How far will your
ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture
committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning,
mentoring and career growth opportunities.
As a strategic partner, advises management on the formulation
and administration of human resources (HR) programs for a
significant segment of business. Coaches and counsels management on
a broad range of HR topics focused on driving employee performance,
strategy and workforce planning to strengthen overall business
performance. Ensures alignment of HR policies in new business
development and acquisition activities and facilitates effective
onboarding and new unit opening processes. Leverages HR and
workforce analytics to designs and implement human resources
programs to align with and achieve business objectives. Fosters and
ensures partnerships across HR functions to engage expertise
required to both predict human resource needs and diagnose emerging
trends. Maintains a deep understanding of the business including
financial position, mid and long range plans, key environmental
factors and competitive indicators.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
experienceBasic Management Experience - 5 yearsBasic Functional
Experience - 5 years Human Resources experienceSodexo is an
Keywords: Sodexo USA, Boston , Human Resources Business Partner Director, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!