Camp & Safety Coordinator, Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps
Company: Headfirst Camps
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Camp & Safety Coordinator at
Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps works closely with fellow on-site
leadership and HQ staff to organize and execute on the customer
service and administrative tasks necessary to run an award-winning
camp. The Camp & Safety Coordinator oversees and ensures the
day-to-day safety of all program participants; safety is Headfirst
Professional Sports Camps' foremost concern, and the Camp & Safety
Coordinator must always prioritize safety above all else. Finally,
the Camp & Safety Coordinator acts as the on-site representative of
the Talent Department - managing staff timecards while addressing
any staff questions or concerns.
What You'll Do:
- Live and Breathe Safety. Camp will not operate unless we have
put the safety and well-being of our campers, their families, and
team members as the number one priority. We would be nave to
believe injuries don't happen at camp and with the Site Leader, you
will work to identify and resolve all safety-related issues and
injuries on site. Camp & Safety Coordinators act as the first
responder in both low and high priority emergency medical
situations, utilizing your CPR/First Aid training as
- Administrate Camp. As the backbone of our camp, nothing goes on
that you do not know about. Working as the liaison between HQ and
site, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of
both team member clock-in/out and camper check-in/out - logging,
reporting, and resolving any and all questions or issues that
- Build Relationships. You serve as the main point of contact for
anyone that steps foot on site. Working with ballplayers and their
families - you will find solutions, ease concerns, and strengthen
relationships by working with HQ to make phone calls and send
emails to ensure every detail is accounted for.
- Handle the Curveballs. At Headfirst we believe obstacles are
temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve.
As a leader on this team, you will have to quickly think on your
feet and deviate from your plan while always keeping camper safety
as the number one priority.
- About You:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Completion of at least two (2) years of college or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience teaching or working with
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid
Certification prior to start of camp.
- Preferred: Completion of or working towards a degree in
athletic training, nursing, or medicine.
Preferred: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs,
Dropbox, iPads, and printers.
- You are:
- Organized. You are crazy about the details and strive to keep
everything in order. You can prioritize and multi-task, managing
several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure.
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional
hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a
sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who
has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by
both providing and receiving performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we
conduct business. You are a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic
leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as
an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we're inspired to make a
difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and
want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience: As a member of our leadership team you
are the "go-to" person for everything related to the operation of
your camp. Here, you will grow as a leader by managing a team of
coaches and developing a unique on-site culture.
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their
families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the
go-to leadership representatives on-site, you'll learn to handle
all aspects of customer interactions with respect and
- Communication Development: Throughout the summer you will hone
your public speaking and communication skills, adapting your
approach to the unique needs of your team, campers, and their
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking: Every camp day presents
completely new challenges, and throughout the summer you will learn
to think on your feet and become a decisive decision-maker.
- Management Skills: Between managing weekly timesheets,
implementing safety policies and procedures, and keeping a detailed
record of all communication between you and our campers' families -
you will learn to skillfully prioritize multiple tasks and delegate
to your team of coaches.
Dates & Locations:
- June 21 - June 25: Belmont Hill School
- June 28 - July 2: Roxbury Latin School in West Roxbury, MA
- July 5 - July 9: OFF
- July 12 - July 16: Hellenic College - Holy Cross in Brookline,
- July 19 - July 23: Hellenic College - Holy Cross in Brookline,
- July 26 - July 30: Shore Country Day School in Beverly, MA
- August 2 - August 6: Roxbury Latin School in West Roxbury,
- August 9 - August 13: M.I.T. in Cambridge, MA
- August 16 - August 20: OFF
- August 23 - August 27: Location TBD
Keywords: Headfirst Camps, Boston , Camp & Safety Coordinator, Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!