Medical Technologist Operations Coordinator
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position reports to the Pre-Post Analytical Technical
Director who manages Central Processing and the Sendout laboratory
operations and personnel. This position directs the daily workflow
of the front office and send out lab. Assists the Technical
Director in the staff performance review process by compiling
productivity, error rate statistics, and other supporting
documentation. Functions as a back-up to reference lab processes
performed by reference lab team. Supports the Technical Director
with data to monitor reference lab results, pending lists and QA
monitoring. Participates in the call center rotation when needed
and can step in to cover other essential job duties.
- Manage the daily workflow of the front office and Sendout lab
as directed by the TD.
- Coordinates with the evening shift supervisor on daily
workflow, SOPs and operational processes
- Assists in creating and maintaining staff schedules using
QGenda software. This includes vacation request processes, daily
and weekly bench assignments, etc.
- Gathers data of productivity, error frequency, etc. to support
the TD in delivery of annual staff performance reviews
- Investigates and addresses CP Safety reports. Works with TD,
supervisors and staff to identify/resolve issues and perform root
cause analysis for process improvement. Utilizes safety reporting
system to submit safety reports.
- Gains knowledge of reference lab testing to be able to assist
with answering questions, managing shipping and investigating test
issues for lab staff and clinicians.
- Acts as a back-up for the Sendout lab purchase order request
process to ensure payment of reference lab invoices.
- Acts as a backup for new test set-up for the Sendout lab.
Utilizes checklist tools to ensure completion of "new test set-up"
including fee codes, CPT codes and pricing.
- Assists Technical Director to analyze data, prepares and
presents analysis to committees, including Core Laboratory
Directors and Pathology Leadership.
- Test Volumes
- Ordering Trends
- Works with Revenue Integrity to ensure compliant billing
practices are enacted and followed.
- Monitors and updates the MGH Clinical Laboratory Handbook and
EPIC order entry systems for changes or additions to the reference
lab test menu.
- Understands and maintains competency of result interfaces, PDF
result posting and manual result entry for reference lab
- Follows all safety (including infection control and hazardous
material) policies and procedures. Notifies leadership/safety
officer of unsafe conditions. May function as safety officer.
- Participates in continuing education programs related to
- B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other
- MT(ASCP) or Equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years working in a clinical laboratory
- Knowledge of Sunquest and EPIC IS systems is preferred.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Boston , Medical Technologist Operations Coordinator, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!