Environmental Services Project Worker/Floor Tech - 7-3:30p varied days
Company: Children's Hospital Boston
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, the quality of our care - and our
inclusive hospital working environment - lies in the diversity of
our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries
around the world, we're committed to reflecting the spectrum of
their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team.
Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and
ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique
contributions can change lives. Yours included.
This Environmental Services Project Worker will be responsible
- Performing hard floor care: dust mops, damp mops, stripping,
waxing, and refinishing floors; performing spray buffing.
- Cleaning carpets and furniture. vacuuming, doing spot removal
- Cleaning and maintaining assigned areas including stairwells
- Operating electric and battery powered equipment for cleaning
services and rearranging of furniture/equipment.
- Picking up supplies and packing regulated medical waste.
- Wearing protective clothing as required (i.e.: surgery dress
code, medical waste packing, ribavirin and/or isolation
- Responding to floods and other emergencies, drying and cleaning
facilities and equipment as directed.
- Using equipment to respond to emergency as directed and in
accordance with hospital and department protocols to ensure
personal and environmental safety is protected.
To qualify, you must have:
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and a
minimum of one year of experience in institutional
- The ability to operate powered machinery in a safe and
- The ability to understand and respond to moderately complex
written or verbal instructions.
- The ability to respond appropriately to instructions, questions
or requests for information. Work requires contact with patients
and/or visitors which involves courtesy.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external
7am - 3:30pm. Must work every other weekend and every other
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in
this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond
to organizational needs.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and
unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental
insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings
plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on
T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Children's Hospital Boston, Boston , Environmental Services Project Worker/Floor Tech - 7-3:30p varied days, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!