Company: Homesite Insurance
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first
companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly
online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to
innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our
commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful
contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic
The Homesite Insurance Product Engineering Organization is
looking for a talented Software Engineer to assist with design and
development of our
portfolio digital Insurance products.
The Software Engineer will work as part of a team designing,
implementing, testing and supporting insurance products. The
Engineer will collaborate with Team and Technical Lead to help
define new requirements for future releases. Good communication
skills are required. Awesome design skills, system thinking,
testing automation and telemetry required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and update existing internal applications and
- Collaborate in our Agile/Scrum software development
- Work with product stakeholders to establish software
- Work with platform & system architects on software and system
optimizations & enhancements to create elegant designs.
- Work with other software leads on developing and improving
software development methodologies and processes.
- Focus on design patterns, test driven development, enforce code
quality and standards, and document APIs.
- Lead & guide the fellow developers on the team through
technical skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Align technical solutions with business and IT strategic
visions while complying with the organization's architectural
- Collaborate with Project Managers, business and technical
analysts, developers, QA, and other IT team members to understand
business & technical requirements that drive the analysis, design,
and creation of quality technical solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A firm knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring
Framework, Spring Boot, Maven
- A firm knowledge of C# and .Net Framework.
- Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs using micro
- Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture.
- Strong understanding of Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence,
Swagger (API documentation).
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL
Server, MySQL and Aurora
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems to make
informed decisions as well as organize and analyze a solution as
part of a whole and its individual components.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Respond well to change; handle multiple demands / priorities
effectively; adapt to best fit with situation at hand; handle
conflict effectively; willing to accept new responsibilities; take
initiative and be accountable.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Information Technology/Systems, related field, or equivalent
- 4 + years of relevant experience around design and development
of distributed enterprise applications.
OTHER JOB EXPERIENCES DESIRED:
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services
like Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, and RDS preferred)
- Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed
application frameworks such as ECS, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and
- Prior experience of Microsoft Stack of technologies.
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support
your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have
access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are
eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not
eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: Homesite Insurance, Boston , Software Engineer, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!