Senior Marketing Specialist
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.
But if you're the kind of person who also cares about making an
impact and serving our nation's wounded warriors and their
families, then you're exactly the kind of person we're looking
Change the life of someone who served their country, and join an
organization that not only supports you, but empowers you to make
that change a reality.
When you join the Wounded Warrior Project family, you're
committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too
- helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and
embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready
to get started, we're ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Marketing Specialist,
Business Development leads marketing activities for WWP
peer-to-peer fundraising events and ensures alignment between
peer-to-peer fundraising business objectives and the development,
implementation, and optimization of marketing campaigns and
activities to drive awareness, affinity, acquisition, and
fundraising among WWP supporters, donors, and corporate
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, Communications, Corporate
Partnerships, and Marketing teammates to develop data-driven
marketing strategies to meet organizational and peer-to-peer
fundraising business objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact and marketing subject matter
expert for peer-to-peer fundraising. Manage relationships and
establish rapport with internal teams and external marketing
- Ensure compliance and consistency with WWP brand and sub-brands
across marketing initiatives, e.g., messaging framework, visual
assets, and key terminology.
- Lead the creative/content development process for peer-to-peer
fundraising marketing plans and campaigns, e.g., messaging, print
collateral, websites, apps, email communications, multimedia
assets, digital ads, radio, and TV.
- Research and identify market trends to inform data-driven
marketing strategies and optimize results with the Insights &
- Track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and
activities. Prepare reports for leadership and stakeholders.
- Work with Marketing management to develop innovative
multichannel marketing plans including timelines, budgets, and
- Lead project management for marketing plans through
implementation, leading a cross-functional integrated team.
- Assist with annual budget planning, tracking, and reforecasting
for marketing activities.
- Provide general marketing support for special events,
campaigns, and other organizational initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of developing and implementing
successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience with multichannel marketing, including
print and digital channels.
- Portfolio of past, successful marketing campaigns.
- Effective written communication skills. Strong editing and
- Demonstrated effective research skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to
adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to
effectively manage multiple priorities, prioritize tasks, and work
well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact
with diverse team members and build effective working relationships
with team members, and work in a collaborative, team
- Demonstrated ability to utilize critical thinking skills and
analytical skills in problem solving.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g.,
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Six years of marketing experience.
- Three years of experience developing marketing plans and
leading multichannel marketing campaigns, including print and
digital channels. Portfolio of successful marketing campaigns.
- Three years of nonprofit experience focused on fundraising or
on a non-traditional grassroots participatory event series.
- Three years of experience managing cross-functional teams on
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or
business. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training,
certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.
- Sitting for extended periods.
For Colorado Applicants: We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help them remain focused on the warriors and families we serve,
WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package to our teammates that
includes: Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short/Long-term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program. WWP
also offers a retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick
Leave, 11 Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance,
and Bereavement Leave. The estimated hiring range for this position
is between $51,200 - $57,600 annual base salary, subject to a
candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
Wounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Boston , Senior Marketing Specialist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!