Supply Chain Analyst
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry
with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in
democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put
it, "you shouldn't have to ask permission to secure your home. You
should be able to do it yourself."
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we're growing
at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators,
humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the
best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for
our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies
and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business
- Partner with internal Sourcing, Engineering, Product
Management, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to support strategies
that drive improvement throughout the product life cycle.
- Monitor stocking positions through analysis in past usage and
future forecast and adjust lot sizes and order points accordingly
or make recommendations to the buyers.
- Develop ongoing metric tools for operations (dashboards etc)
for the measurement of OTD, Quality and Parts Delivery status
- Monitor on-going Slow and Obsolete material and develop action
plans in partnership with the responsible teams.
- Maintain visibility into finished good stock levels at our
global warehouse locations.
- Prepare month end inventory accounting reconciliations.
- Establish end-to-end partner performance measurements and
scorecards and hold partners accountable to continually improve
cost, quality, lead time and service to both SimpliSafe and our
contract manufacturing partners
- Key contributor in developing Should Cost analysis
- Support executive-level business reviews with critical partners
at appropriate cadence
- Align with manufacturing partners to best leverage external
capabilities, and improve ordering/buffering requirements while
preventing supply risks and improving flexibility of supply.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years in managing outsourced manufacturing, Tier 2
suppliers, and development of consumer electronics
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build
relationships both internally and with key partners up to the
- Must be proficient with Excel and show ability to demonstrate
(Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, arithmetic formulae)
- Familiar with an updated ERP system (NetSuite or similar)
- Proven track record or display of analytical and communication
- Demonstrated experience managing by influence, both with
internal and external partners
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance,
including performance metrics in the contract manufacturing
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Tableau dashboard development
- Experience with database queries (SQL)
- MBA or master's degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial
- Language skills with the ability to speak/read
- Strong understanding of geo-political and global trade
influences within Asia
Keywords: Simplisafe, Boston , Supply Chain Analyst, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!