Sodexo is seeking an experienced Regional Operations Support -
Executive Chef to support hospital accounts in the Boston area
which includes Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
This position is full time but temporary and can last for up to
or longer than 18 months.
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the
next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great
culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage
work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing
education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life
that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance
and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to
stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability
to maintain the highest of standards and implements company
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you?
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals
through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth
opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We
believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who
contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core
values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966.
We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
The Manager II, Regional Operations Support (ROSI) has overall
responsibility, or a portion of an on-sight operations area (ie
Food, ES, Clinical, Culinary, Facilities, CTM) as assigned by the
Client executive. In this role, the ROSI has direct accountability
for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and
talent management that drives operational excellence and our
service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and
Client / Customer Service - 20%
- Navigates the client organization through effective
communication while influencing and persuading at multiple levels.
Seeks to collaborate for win-win outcomes.
- Provide effective communication for clients and customers to
ensure excellent customer service.
- Effectively partners with client and Sodexo employees to drive
- Complies with all client policies and procedures.
Operational Excellence - 40%
- Owns, drives, and measures operational excellence outcomes of
Sodexo and client.
- Effectively deploys, embeds and ensures Sodexo standardized
processes are in place.
- Creates a continuous quality improvement culture that drives
- Drives change and creates a culture where change is embraced
- Utilizes all operational processes to drive continuous
improvement and celebrate successes.
Analysis & Decision Making - 20%
- Utilizes tools within Sodexo Healthcare to drive and manage
middle of the page (Labor Expense, Raw Materials) to deliver
- Accountable for effective utilization of labor resources.
- Analyses data to engage in data driven decision making using
data, logic, benchmarking, and leading practices in decision making
to determine best solutions for the business.
- Effective risk management by ensuring consistent regulatory and
- Compliance with supply chain management requirements.
- Understands and effectively manages unit finances in the Sodexo
- Sets operational goals with key metrics and ensures quick
analysis of variances to ensure a prompt resolution and mitigate
adverse impact on our clients or our performance.
- Delivers predictable top and bottom-line results at the site,
relentless focus on driving efficiency, and makes difficult
- Effectively delegates operational responsibilities to
appropriate individuals / positions.
- Follows best practices in decision making to determine best
solutions for the business.
Safety - 10%
- Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have
the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of
themselves or others at risk.
- Behaviors include: Working as a team for safety
- Communicating Effectively for Safety
- Managing Safety Risks
- Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
- Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
- Adherence to all operational safety practices and
- Drives a safety culture throughout the team
Talent - 10%
- Ability to effectively manage aspects of Human Resources (ie.
Leadership, People Management, Employee Relations, etc) to support
individual and team development and drive operational
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development for
self and those within the unit assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree in a relevant
field or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in
facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering
services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or
food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales,
store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran