Pharmacy Technician-fulltime days
Company: Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- The primary responsibility of the Pharmacy Technician is to
assist the Pharmacist by performing the technical and clerical
tasks necessary for the accurate preparation and distribution of
pharmaceutical products to the patient care areas of the
- Coordinates daily workload to coincide with the needs of the
- Prepacks non-unit-dose oral medications as needed for
dispensing to the patient care areas.
- Aseptically prepares intravenous medications within the
allotted time period.
- Always uses appropriate technique in the IV Room. This includes
use of Aseptic Technique, Use of Chemo gown and appropriate gloves
when handling chemotherapy, and closely abides by IV Room policies
- Medication Orders: Medication Orders are filled accurately and
- Omnicell: Dispensing to the Omnicell cabinets are accurately
and efficiently performed.
- Stock Medications: Orders for stock medications are accurately
and efficiently performed.
- Medication Inspections: Inspects assigned areas inside and
outside the Pharmacy for outdated drugs.
- Telephone: Answers the phone in a courteous and helpful
- Special Projects: Accepts extra duties upon request and
completes them according to deadline.
- Medication delivery: Delivers medications to patient care areas
in a timely and accurate manner.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit,
community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly
across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900,
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting
the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive
care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's
Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their
families, which is why we've been nationally recognized for our
best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical
outcomes. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham
and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care.
Our employees call it home.
- High School (or equivalent) diploma.
- Current Registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of
Massachusetts and have no disciplinary actions taken.
- CPhT required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate with all
areas of health care personnel
- Must understand the basic operations of the Pharmacy
Department, including processing prescriber medication orders, the
operations of the Omnicell cabinets and software, Epic, the
repackaging (pre-packing) machine, and any other technology that
the Pharmacy employs in its operations.
- Must maintain sufficient pharmaceutical knowledge for the safe
and effective distribution of medications.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to an employee's protected status, such
as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin,
physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender
identity or expression or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, Boston , Pharmacy Technician-fulltime days, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!