International Case Coordinator (bilingual - Spanish)
Company: Children's Hospital Boston
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, the quality of our care - and our
inclusive hospital working environment - lies in the diversity of
our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries
around the world, we're committed to reflecting the spectrum of
their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team.
Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and
ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique
contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The International Case Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Managing the international patient intake process, by
accurately capturing international patient registration.
- Collaborating with patient family, payor and International
Financial Counselor (IFC) to ensure that accurate coverage
throughout the care episode.
- Supporting efforts of the Patient Care Team in the development
of the plan of care and support obtaining payor approval.
Expediting all clinical scheduling and follow-up on all referral
request according to approvals. Working with case management teams
to ensure safe and timely delivery of medications, equipment and
supplies to patients.
- Working with patient families to assess needs, answer
questions, provide educational support.
- Utilizing EPIC notes, SharePoint tracking, and other technology
as defined, inter-department communications, and communications
with Embassies and Payors system to optimize individual
performance. Completing and maintaining accurate and accessible
electronic documentation as required by the department in
accordance with hospital standards promptly.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in International Business/Relations, Health
Administration or a closely related field.
- One year experience working in health care, customer or
language services, hospitality.
- International life experience and experience serving an
international clientele in a work environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or healthcare experience
required; customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- The analytical skills necessary to resolve problems requiring a
professional level of knowledge in a specific field.
- Communication skills to deal effectively with conflicting views
or issues and mediate fair solutions, or well developed writing
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish and English.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in
this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond
to organizational needs
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and
unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable
health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off,
403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and
discounted rates on T-passes. Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Children's Hospital Boston, Boston , International Case Coordinator (bilingual - Spanish), Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!