Senior Intelligent Transportation Systems Project Engineer (In-Person or Remote)
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 13, 2021
VHB, a nationally recognized leader in design, is seeking a
Senior Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Project Engineer to
join our Transportation Systems Group located in New Hampshire.
Project work will focus on the planning, design and construction
support of ITS infrastructure including power and communications
systems. This position can be located in any of VHB's 30+ offices
in the Eastern US, or from a remote/telecommuting location anywhere
in the United States.
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners,
and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation,
real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy
industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients.
At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work
for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we
hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Intelligent Transportation Systems Project Engineer | United
- Work within a team of professionals to develop design plans and
specifications for a variety of intelligent transportation systems
(ITS) and communications equipment & infrastructure
- Development of Systems Engineering documents for transportation
technology projects following the FHWA Systems Engineering
- Planning and development for ITS including preparing master
planning and policy documents
- Design of ITS equipment and communications infrastructure
including fiber optic and wireless technologies, CCTV, Dynamic
Message Signs, and sensor technologies
- Perform other engineering field work (field equipment testing,
utility and infrastructure verification, i.e. taking measurements
and pictures at field sites)
- Writing technical reports and memoranda
Skills and Abilities
- Strong electrical or civil engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Excel in working in a team environment with remote team
- Ability to read and comprehend design and construction
specifications and plans
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a focus
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in ITS/Technology
- If hired locally, possess a valid driver's license, good
driving record, and ability/willingness to travel on occasion
- If hired remotely, ability to work a schedule that overlaps
with team members who are largely in the New England region
- Experience with ITS equipment and/or communications systems
(cellular, fiber, wireless) preferred
- Interest in working across multiple disciplines concurrently
with a diversity of assignments
- EIT preferred, PE beneficial
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Boston , Senior Intelligent Transportation Systems Project Engineer (In-Person or Remote), Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!