Company: P3I, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
P3I is looking for a Software Developer to support the Tactical
Networks Group at MIT Lincoln Lab,. which specializes in advanced
network and communications systems development, with a focus on
tactical mobile, military airborne networks of the future. The
Tactical Networks Group uses a combination of technical analysis,
modeling, simulation, emulation, prototype development, and flight
evaluation to develop new communication systems and evaluate and
predict their performance under expected conditions.
- Develops application software.
- Writing and implementing efficient code.
- Researches, designs, develops and implements software
applications and systems.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as
well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates, designs and implements interface between hardware
and software, operational requirements, cloud offering, system
architecture, security and characteristics of overall system.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and
subsequently developing these modifications.
- Determining operational practicality.
- Documents testing, client experience and maintenance of system
- May partner and collaborate with cyber security teams to ensure
compliance with security standards.
- May develop and conduct unit tests.
This position requires:
Extensive experience in software design, development,
integration, testing and analysis in order to build Link Layer/MAC
protocols for tactical systems.
Developer should thrive in a rapid-prototyping environment with
fast design-debug cycles.
C++ is the primary languages for development.
A strong background in software development of MAC protocols
such as topology control, rate adaptation, and time synchronization
- Development experience in a native Linux environment is
In addition, experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Experience in military or DoD wireless communications
- Experience in network modeling and simulation using NS3
- Experience in protocol design
- Experience in radio communications concepts (software-defined
radios, MAC, physical layer, RF)
Interview process will likely consist of a phone screen followed
by an extensive zoom interview with the team members.
Candidate should be local and available to go onsite as needed.
It will be partial remote in the long term. They will accept a
candidate that is within driving distance (up to 3-4 hours away)
that would be able to come to Lexington as needed with some advance
notice. The person should be prepared to be onsite for the first
few days of the job.
Keywords: P3I, Inc., Boston , Software Developer, Other , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!