Senior Project Engineer - Transit & Rail
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is seeking talented Senior
Project Engineers to join our growing New England Transit & Rail
practice. The positions are located in our Boston MA office.
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners,
and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation,
real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy
industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients.
At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work
for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we
hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Senior Project Engineer - Transit & Rail | Boston, MA
The Senior Transit & Rail Project Engineer will be part of a
design team supporting a variety of railroad and rail transit
projects. The candidate should have expertise and experience in the
railroad and/or rail transit industry and a desire to grow in the
- Perform civil design on a variety of rail projects including
track structure and drainage, alignment geometry, grade crossings,
stations, layover facilities, and maintenance of equipment (MOE)
and maintenance of way (MOW) yards
- Support the Project Development process including preparation
of conceptual level designs and supporting documentation
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and project
- Prepare technical reports and analyses
- Assist in the development of construction bid documents
- Provide design support services during construction
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-discipline team
Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and
- Strong capability in the use of computer applications including
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with the AutoCAD and/or Microstation CADD
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience in railroad and/or rail
transit and engineering design
- Clear understanding of railroad and rail transit design
requirements including AREMA recommended practices
- Familiarity with track, station, layover facility and general
- PE license in MA or the ability to obtain within six (6) months
- Strong capability in use of computer applications including MS
Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capability in the use of project management applications such
as MS Project or Primavera
Please submit applications online.
We regret to inform that we are unable to offer sponsorship for
employment visas at this time.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Boston , Senior Project Engineer - Transit & Rail, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!