Butterfly Network's mission is to democratize healthcare by
enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We
reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first
handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly
iQ. This breakthrough technology reduces the cost of the
traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single
semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to
deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the
digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have
received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals
and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the
future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a
journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea
that our products will change the lives of millions along with the
people you love.
The Enterprise Systems and Data team is looking for a passionate
data engineer to join our growing team. Data Engineering at
Butterfly fuses a diverse set of data streams such as manufacturing
data, commercial data, real-time IoT data, mobile analytics data
and logistics data to continuously improve our product design,
guide feature development and optimize manufacturing and
operations. In addition, data sets from our web site, marketing
campaigns and social media are sourced and leveraged by the
Commercial teams to drive their marketing and outreach efforts.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a track record of
rapidly implementing and maintaining elegant and robust data
pipelines and creating self-service data analytics infrastructure
that immediately create value for business owners.
Butterfly Network is rapidly growing and the challenges facing
our Data Engineering team include both building a scalable data
infrastructure as well as being change agents to drive Butterfly
Network to embrace and be a data driven company.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Design and implement end-to-end data products and automation
flows: from ingesting data to data science modeling and to
functional end systems (e.g Salesforce)
- Drive vision for data analytics and operational systems at
- Support stakeholders across the company. Understand the context
they are working in and provide sustainable and scalable data
systems and data models to serve their needs.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of experience in data
- Experience with data modeling and driving data architecture
- Principles and patterns of data processing architectures
(batch, streaming, lambda, serverless, etc)
- Hands on knowledge of ETL tools, frameworks and practices:
Luigi, Beam, dbt, Prefect, Dagster, PubSub, Airflow
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but
it's ok if you don't!):
- Data Visualization and dashboard systems (Tableau, Plotly,
- Strong programming experience in Python (Pandas, Numpy,
- Dev-Ops experience managing services on GCP (Ansible, Docker,
- Hands on development and administration of databases
- Experience working with Health Data
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the
time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive;
people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the
company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of
others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision
coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make
- The ability to work from our office in Burlington, MA when it
is built in Q4 of 2021.
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and
save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal
opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion,
gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship,
marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.