IT Project Manager
Company: State of Massachusetts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the Organization:
The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
("EOHED") Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all
Massachusetts residents. EOHED's mission is to strengthen cities,
towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of
Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional
assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent
affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities
and sound municipal management.
About the Role:
Our Housing Stabilization Team is looking for an experienced IT
Project Manager to support the emergency housing assistance Product
Manager and oversee various projects within the portfolio. The IT
Project Manager will help our stakeholders administer emergency
housing programs through strategic IT investments in a
collaborative, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Assure the on-time, on-cost, high-quality, full scope of
assigned projects through state-of-the-art governance practices and
on-going direct assistance, collaboration and support to
- Work with the Executive Office of Technology and Security
Services (EOTSS) to ensure solutions are consistent with
Commonwealth technical standards and guidance.
- Support the emergency rental assistance Product Manager in
oversight, coordination, evaluation, rationalization, and reporting
of the overall emergency housing assistance IT portfolio.
- Manage and drive the governance of assigned IT portfolio.
Identify risks and take appropriate actions to mitigate, control,
and ensure project success.
- Proactively manage project issues, taking action to achieve
urgent resolution and escalating promptly and clearly, where
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and benchmarks
for projects and the project management discipline.
- Provide oversight across projects to ensure vendors are using
appropriate methodologies and project management principles while
managing statewide projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
business, information technology, computer science, or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in managing medium/large-scale IT
projects ($10 million in size)
- Hands-on experience in project resource planning, reporting,
prioritization, and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing a team of
programmers, analysts, or service delivery managers; or relevant
experience in an IT service delivery role
- Ability to work with peer organizations to translate IT
processes (System Development, Life Cycle, Governance, etc.) and
tool strategies (e.g., project management, collaboration, knowledge
warehouse, etc.) to support the day-to-day work efforts of the
individual departments, driving towards greater efficiencies and
higher quality deliverables
- Team-oriented attitude and the proven ability to collaborate at
all levels of an organization
- Strong and diverse communication and relationship management
skills for engaging with senior agency project managers, vendors
and the overall agency teams
- Proven experience in IT portfolio management and
- Familiarity with a variety of software development
methodologies such as agile, waterfall, spiral, etc., and a strong
understanding of the suitability of these methodologies for certain
development environments and types of applications
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with various CRM platforms; (SalesForce, ServiceNow,
- Master's Degree in business or information technology
- PMI PMP-certification is beneficial if it is paired with
hands-on project management experience on a range of projects
- Relevant IT certifications (e.g., ITIL, Service Management,
Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, PMP, etc.)
- Public sector experience
All applicants should attach a cover letter and resume to their
online submission for this position.
SALARY PLACEMENT IS DETERMINED BY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND
EDUCATION DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND THE HUMAN RESOURCES
DIVISION'S RECRUITING GUIDELINES. IN THE CASE OF A PROMOTIONAL
OPPORTUNITY, THE SALARY PROVISIONS OF THE APPLICABLE COLLECTIVE
BARGAINING AGREEMENT WILL APPLY TO (OR WILL BE UTILIZED FOR)
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE SALARY RANGE.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply
within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females,
minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: State of Massachusetts, Boston , IT Project Manager, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!