Full Stack Software Engineer - Matchminer
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Knowledge Systems Group (KSG) at Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute seeks a full-stack Software Engineer to further develop
and maintain MatchMiner, our open source platform for matching
patients to clinical trials.
The Knowledge Systems Group at DFCI operates at the crossroads
of cancer genomics, software, and medicine. Our platforms are
focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to
clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for
sharing data across cancer centers.
You can find more information about us online at: https://ds.dfci.harvard.edu/knowledge-systems/
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Build backend services and APIs in Python, and interact with
Mongo, ElasticSearch, and SQL DBs.
- Build front end user interfaces via React or Angular.
- Orchestrate and maintain services via modern devops
- Write automated test suites and perform code reviews.
- Maintain full documentation regarding architecture, code and
- Interact, communicate and prioritize features via Agile
- Work closely with Project lead and other stakeholders to ensure
that systems evolve based on continuous feedback.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related
- 1+ years of web software engineering experience: HTTP, REST /
- Proficiency in at least one component of "full-stack"
programming: front-end, back-end, devops.
- 2+ years of Python coding experience. Knowledge of back-end
frameworks is a big plus.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithmic complexity,
code and modularity, testing and debugging.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases,
especially MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with
- Experience with containerization of software (e.g.
- Experience in modern software development technologies,
including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration,
and Agile programming practices.
- User interaction (UI) design and/or experience in data
visualization would be considered a significant plus.
The Full Stack Software Engineer must also demonstrate strong
communication skills, outstanding personal initiative and the
ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to meet
deadlines and efficiently multitask is a must.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer
and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston , Full Stack Software Engineer - Matchminer, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!