Junior Industrial Engineer
Company: Home Market Foods
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become
the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack
categories. The Company has grown substantially across its market
targets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and
customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership
group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is
building on this track record through complementary acquisitions
and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's
business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater
opportunities for its customers and team.
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably
located within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF's facilities
include a state-of-the-art plant and R&D facility, as well as
warehouse and corporate functions. We are focused on continued
growth and are executing against various initiatives that include
additional product lines, new sales channels, and greater
penetration of our extensive customer relationships. Our success is
directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible
talent across all functions. To this end, we are posting for a
strong Junior Industrial Engineer.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This Junior Industrial Engineer will spend at least 50% of their
time on the production floor working to identify and implement
improvement projects that drive efficiency, capacity, safety and
overall productivity. This engineer will conduct studies in
operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization as well as
ensure the facility operated efficiently and safely. This position
requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and, ideally,
experience in the industrial engineering field or in a related
area. This engineer must be familiar with a variety of the field's
concepts, practices and procedures. This engineer must rely on
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals as well as
perform a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity
and latitude is expected as well as the ability to use systems to
manage and drive operational metrics. Candidate will be assigned to
special projects with the purpose of becoming SME on key platforms
(i.e., ERP, MES, CMMS). SME will be leverage during
integration/startups of any future plant acquisition phases.
- Develop, document, and maintain data collection methods to
analyze manufacturing operations performance metrics.
- Develop methods to measure variances to standards, identify
out-of-control variances, determine root causes, suggest, and
install solutions and follow-up.
- Work on labor optimization standards using time analysis and
key statistical tools.
- Identify and apply effective methods to reduce TIMWOOD and
track progress to ensure plant efficiency.
- Apply engineering concepts to streamline work stations and
measure work content of support laborers.
- Support the Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives across the
entire operation, track and manage CI activities
- SME on key future project development and implementation (i.e.,
ERP, MES, CMMS)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard work
documentation and procedures
- Support the planning and capex investment strategy for all HMF
sites with validation of ROI
- Update documentation and resource requirement standards as
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience in the manufacturing
industry a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with basic office
software (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
This position will require 50% office work and 50% field work on
the production floor.
Proficient in the use of computer technology including standard
software programs such as Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as
developing our Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Must be able
to quickly and efficiently learn new systems and software to
automate and analyze information.
This role will require some travel on temporary assignments for
any future acquisitions.
Keywords: Home Market Foods, Boston , Junior Industrial Engineer, Other , Norwood, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!