Associate Director, US Business Insights & Analytics Transplant, Rare Disease Business Unit
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Posted on: June 13, 2021
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Associate Director, US Business Insights & Analytics Transplant,
Rare Disease Business Unit
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company
that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an
Associate Director, US Business Insights & Analytics Transplant,
Rare Disease Business Unit in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry
through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led
company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their
potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top
Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and
strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive,
collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an
unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter
Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
As an Associate Director, US Business Insights & Analytics
Transplant, Rare Disease Business Unit working on the Rare Disease
Business Unit team you will be empowered to develop and implement
the capabilities for analytics. In this role, you will contribute
to Takeda's mission by being a subject matter expert empowered and
responsible for providing strategic business analytics and insights
leadership in support of the U.S. Transplant franchise. A typical
day will include:
- Strategic partner to members of marketing, sales, finance,
Commercial Operations, Market Access, GPLS and legal, as well as
external agencies and alliance partners. Projects can vary widely
depending on business issue the research is designed to
- Individual contributor who will develop and implement the
capabilities for analytics, data synthesis, and the execution of
qualitative and quantitative market research to derive insights to
drive, challenge and / or validate strategic business and / or
tactical marketing decisions. This position may oversee direct
reports as business needs evolve.
- Serve as the primary A&I partner for the Transplant
franchise, and leverage a holistic understanding of all market
research, analytics, and insights to recommend and engage in
strategic discussions with the franchise head and marketing team in
support of the evolving brand priorities.
- Develops and maintains deep expertise in past, current and
anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor
products, and future pipeline products. Utilizes market knowledge
to support brand team strategy and ensure market research and
analytics are incorporated into all business planning processes
(e.g. Brand-Planning, MRP, LRF, and MYC).
- Lead efforts to deliver A&I capabilities to support the new
Transplant franchise in time for commercial product approval and
launch. This will include articulating a vision for the franchise
A&I capabilities, and coordinating cross-functional activities
to acquire and integrate specialty pharmacy data, patient services
data, claims data, and triggers & leads to develop reports and
dashboards to deliver high quality, actionable insights to
Leads the performance of analytics activities:
- Develops and leads a proactive and systematic approach to
capturing and understanding stakeholder needs for standard and ad
hoc analytics, reporting and insights generation.
- Provides input and support to ensure market research drives
quality business insights.
- Leads a wide range of analytics projects and acts as primary
subject matter expert for key business stakeholders.
- Communicates clear findings, shares insights and recommends
appropriate action to Transplant franchise and Business Unit
- Explores innovative techniques and data sources to address
- Builds and collaborates with key stakeholders forecasting
assumptions and models for product and portfolio opportunities,
risks and life-cycle management.
- Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on data
management including accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
- Track appropriate metrics as an "early warning system" to
provide time for appropriate intervention. Develop, recommend and
influence corrective actions.
- Works closely with franchise team to design and track launch
KPIs. Close collaboration with New Product Launch Insights team to
align market research with the development of analytics
Develops and leads the performance of market research activities
- Oversees study design, vendor selection, fieldwork logistics
planning and management, analysis of findings, creation and
presentation of final reports.
- Determines the best research methodology based on the
objectives of the studies.
- Develops, executes and implements research processes to ensure
a logically consistent analysis and interpretation of market
research results that facilitate insights into commercial strategy
and decision making.
- Coordinates with requestors to determine cost-effective
research that aligns with budgets.
- Manages and imparts operational excellence in project
management and qualitative and quantitative techniques and new
market research approaches to answer business objectives.
- Participates in validation of assumptions used in forecasting
processes and creates analysis that will support or provide input
to the development of forecasts and scenario building.
- Supports departmental processes to ensure compliance with
legal, finance, privacy, and pharmacovigilance and manages overall
department processes for vendor identification, selection of
innovative new methodologies / vendors, agency on-boarding and
identification and resolution of outsourcing service issues.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and evaluating
market research & analytics staff should business needs require
additional employees or contractors.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree (MBA/PharmD)
preferred accompanied by 7+ years of advanced analytics, marketing,
market research, commercial operations, management consulting or
related functional experience within the bio-pharmaceutical
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to
motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels.
- Demonstrated ability to try new solutions and willingness to
take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in
- Must possess excellent analytic, proactive and pragmatic
problem-solving skills - analyzes situations to appropriately
challenge the status quo, think of new solutions and make
- Deep expertise in generating commercial insights from large
transactional data sets, including medical claims and specialty
- Complete understanding of qualitative and quantitative research
methodologies, application and working knowledge of marketing
analytics, sales analytics, decision science and quantitative
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action;
excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex
issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues
and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking to find innovative
ways to serve patients, and build trust, our reputation and the
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting
with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing
cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared
ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person
presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability
to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of
transparency to all stakeholders.
- Travel to internal and external meetings approximately 10-20%
will be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes Colorado applicants.
USA - MA - Cambridge
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Boston , Associate Director, US Business Insights & Analytics Transplant, Rare Disease Business Unit, Other , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!