Head of Fulfillment Planning and Promise Management Technology
Posted on: June 12, 2021
If you are passionate about building an industry leading supply
chain and technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Senior Director of Fulfillment Planning
and Promise Management to lead our Supply Chain Technology team in
Seattle, WA or Boston, MA.
We are seeking an executive biz-tech leader who excels from
strategy to tactical implementation of Supply Chain Fulfillment and
Promise technology, can lead a team high bar technical resources,
and is passionate about solving complex problems for internal and
external customers. This leader should have depth and breadth to
lead three disciplines - Product, Research/Data Science and
As a single threaded owner, you will have end to end ownership
of Chewy's order planning systems that optimize the customer orders
to achieve 'best in show' delivery experience.u0026nbsp; A
successful leader would have great technical acumen, deep
understanding of Supply Chain planning, experience developing
systems that scale and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
Strong communication skills are required as you will be working
closely with senior executives in influencing and establishing the
roadmap for future evolution of our systems.
You will lead a diverse team of Directors, Product Managers,
Research/Data Scientists, SDMs, TPMs, and Engineers who are
passionate about making Chewy the ecommerce platform for all pet
parents. With high business growth every year, you will lead the
team to scale and develop solutions that accelerate achieving
business plans. This leader will have shared financial
accountability due to high impact on the OpEx and CapEx
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for
scaling the Fulfillment Planning and Promise Management systems to
support the business growth and vision.
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based
tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for
click-to-delivery speed, on-time delivery, network allocation, and
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Product, Research, Data
Science, and Engineering Talent.
- Build a world-class Planning and Optimization platform that is
powered by sound Data Science models
- Build out the Supply Chain Optimization tool suite to
proactively provide Supply Chain business stakeholders best
practices and solutions
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and
methodologies, while accelerating time to market.
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Be a thought leader and contribute to the product and technical
vision for all of Chewy Engineering
- Communicate strategy and status to senior executives and
partners/stakeholders across Chewy
- Bring industry leading insights to inform the future roadmap of
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a
- 10+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high
scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry.
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing team of leaders
(leader of leaders).
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- 5+ years of experience managing Research Science, Data
Science/Machine Learning teams
- 5+ years of experience managing Product teams
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that
lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Supply Chain Experience
- Travel may be required
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics,
or related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software
development and engineering management experience
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
Keywords: Chewy, Boston , Head of Fulfillment Planning and Promise Management Technology, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!