Company: BLITZ Agency
Posted on: June 13, 2021
AMP Agency - named one of AdWeek's 100 Fastest Growing Agencies-
is looking for a Data Specialist to join its Analytics team. Having
reached a critical point in our evolution, the team is undertaking
efforts to become more efficient and effective in how we
standardize data sourcing, extraction, storage, staging, and
visualization workstreams. The person hired for this role would
play an important part in architecting the ways through which we
manage and scale our data work.
The Data Specialist will report directly to the Group Director
of Analytics; collaborating with him and other team members to
evolve our data stack's scale, power, and ease-of-use. Emphasis
will be placed on automating data extraction from multiple sources
to a centralized cloud server, staging data in a relational format,
and assisting with the creation of visualization templates.
Inherent in the role is a need to collaborate with Analytics,
Media, and Technology teams, to ensure optimal data practices are
upheld throughout; as internal stakeholders and clients alike rely
on our data.
Note: Our current stack is a basic one; and so, the person in
this role will be given license to build upon our past work, and/or
make a case for using different technologies, in order to achieve
the desired outcomes.
- Between 2-4 years in data systems architecture or a similar
- Bachelor's Degree or bootcamp certification with demonstrable
focus on data systems.
- Intellectually curious, analytical, and a systems-oriented
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, to
collaborate across teams and ensure clear documentation.
- Experience with data processing and management in local (e.g.
SQL server) and/or cloud environments (e.g. Azure, AWS) is
- Experience with data extraction (via APIs, FTP, and native
software connectors) and cleaning is required.
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau,
Microsoft PowerBI) is preferred. Experience with PowerBI is a
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel,
- Experience with presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint,
Keynote) is preferred.
- Manage all central data activities for the Digital Analytics
team; including data extraction, transformation, storage, staging,
- Create, QA, and monitor automated workflows (where
- Work with the Group Director of Analytics to pursue continuous
improvement in the technology, processes, and ways-of-working that
support the Analytics team.
- Collaborate with Analytics leadership to establish a vision for
building optimized, automation-driven data practices.
- Assist teammates with data-related requests; including
business-requirement scoping, ad hoc data extractions, ongoing data
refresh, and troubleshooting.
- Develop and manage documentation on a rolling basis; ensuring
that it reflect the most recent updates to systems, processes, and
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with
offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team
of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral
scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually
relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand
experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven"
approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands
with which we partner.
Keywords: BLITZ Agency, Boston , Data Specialist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!